Is this too lean? Spark plug pic

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It looks like you are using crappy pre-mix oil and getting bad deposits on the spark plug, or a plug that is too cold, or both.
I would say not too lean, but it's hard to tell for sure by looking at that particular plug.
What brand/ type of oil, mix ratio, and what heat range plug are you using?

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Where exactly is the porcelain part? Sorry, I'm new to this. Also, I'm using a oil from my local motorcycle shop cycle gear. I'm running either 24:1 or 26:1 ratio, don't remember exactly which. It's the last tank for engine break in. The spark plug is ngk bp-6hs

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
That is good oil, rules that possibility out.
Try 32:1 mix after this last tank of break in fuel, then read the spark plug.
Of course, repair your muffler first and foremost. (I saw your other thread)
As it is right now I think that the oil heavy mix is leaving too much oil coke on the spark plug for a good reading.

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
I ordered a new muffler from the KingsBike website and I will test out more of the fuel / oil mix.

I am just worried about running too lean, because i've been running a WOT for a little, not even more than a minute at a time, but im still worried of the motor breaking because of it.

If the motor did say "break" or "wear down" or something, would there be some obvious signs?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If it were to get damaged by running too lean, it would either seize up or burn a hole through the crown of the piston.
Both would be extremely obvious when they happen.