Would like to go really fast!

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
You must be young as it is the young who imagine invulnerability. Until something serious happens to dissuade you from that notion, somehow bad injuries only happen to other people someplace else. Unless you have a death wish listen to these seasoned riders who tell you this is nonsense wanting to push a bicycle way beyond reason. Sure, it is a thrill to get a China Girl going to 35 briefly and then cruise at a sensible 25 or so, but to think you're going to ride along the highways with traffic for 200 miles on an illegal bicycle at speeds of 45mphand higher is nuts and there's no two ways about it. If you want to die that's your business, but don't put others at risk on the highway as you do it. This may sound harsh, but I'd like to think you'll live a long time with many happy years riding and not to have some friend of yours send in a post telling how you died or ended up paralyzed from crashing your bike. Reconsider. "Pity poor flesh" (ee cummings)

Silverbear (who has both a traumatic brain injury and partial paralysis and knows of what he speaks
I agree silver bear i have the 5.8 morini and it can really scare you ! by the way whats a silver bear doing on the riding on the road i thought you only see that in the circus !! LOL.trk.trk

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
To fly past someone doing 35mph you'd be doing 45mph or more.

IFFFFF you could do 40mph you will slowly edge away from someone doing 35mph.

With no SBF shift kit, what are your speed secrets?

Wake up, fella. You're dreaming.

i ported the the int and exh ports to 70% of the bore, the exh timing is at 170 deg. twin stock carbs (equivalent to a 17mm) bolted to a straight shot manifold. i milled .125" off the head, then welded up the combustion chamber to make a 50% squish. obviously the piston skirt has been trimmed and the top has been notched. top it off with a stainless espansion chamber handbuilt for this exact 8000rpm motor.
i do 40mph on the flat with one gear, and nothing about what i have done is a secret, just ask gordon jennings or graham bell.

maybe you can make it to the death race, then you'll see.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
i ported the the int and exh ports to 70% of the bore, the exh timing is at 170 deg. twin stock carbs (equivalent to a 17mm) bolted to a straight shot manifold. i milled .125" off the head, then welded up the combustion chamber to make a 50% squish. obviously the piston skirt has been trimmed and the top has been notched. top it off with a stainless espansion chamber handbuilt for this exact 8000rpm motor.
i do 40mph on the flat with one gear, and nothing about what i have done is a secret, just ask gordon jennings or graham bell.

maybe you can make it to the death race, then you'll see.

[/QUOTE

Nuff said

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
To fly past someone doing 35mph you'd be doing 45mph or more.

IFFFFF you could do 40mph you will slowly edge away from someone doing 35mph.

With no SBF shift kit, what are your speed secrets?

Wake up, fella. You're dreaming.
These types of comment really piss me off, Sure your not an Aussie? Your saying that you cannot do it so no one else possibly can! come on, Can i quote you?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Okay, sorry foureasy, I'll eat my words.

I have never seen or heard of a fully modified Happy Time engine.

I believe you.

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
wow i was originally impressed with that chamber you built, then the shotgun intake was too cool.

didn't realize you had fully optimized the internals too.

would love to see a vid of that bike on the road !!

steve

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I agree silver bear i have the 5.8 morini and it can really scare you ! by the way whats a silver bear doing on the riding on the road i thought you only see that in the circus !! LOL.trk.trk
You know, I tried to get a job at the circus as a kind of Indian clown act, me pulling my trusty canine "Aaniimoosh The Wonder Dog" behind in the kiddie trailer powered by my trusty steed, an HT powered American. They said I was too old. Bummer.
Silverbear

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
here a few in front of a friends shop, i let him take it for a ride. i have personally had johnny's bike up to 42 on the flats, but he has a 31t sprocket and my half port. this bike wont beat his at bonneville but smokes him to 35-36. the bike gets to 34-35 at the end of the road in front of johnny's shop. he's a little jealous, don't you think?

YouTube - M2U00061

YouTube - M2U00062

YouTube - M2U00063

Last edited by a moderator: