How come we're not seeing motorized bicycles with motors like these?

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm sorta curious why, since so many people complain about China Girl motors being so poor quality we're not seeing motorized bicycles being made with motors like these. Not necessarily exactly like this one but one of the many like it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Re: How come we're not seeing MBs with motors like these?

That may be true, but I don't understand the reasoning. Why are people willing to spend big bucks on a cart motor that's about as practical as a third tit, but not willing to spend half as much on a motor bicycle motor that you could ride to work or shopping on if you so desired?

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla

I guess if someone were to build as high performance a bike as th karts these engines are designed to go in and there was the racing circuit for our bikes that was comparable to the karting circuit that these engines are designed to compete in it would b worth the effort and expense. Until then it way way exceeds the point of diminishing return.

It would be very hard to justify putting an $1800 engine on one of these bikes when a Morini would do everything that you could want one to do,

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Well yeah I agree a 30 hp $1,800 cart motor would be over kill, but how about a 5 hp $400 motor?

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ

"but not willing to spend half as much on a motor bicycle motor that you could ride to work or shopping on if you so desired?"

I ride my $139.00 China girl MB to work and shopping both on a daily basis.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal

"but not willing to spend half as much on a motor bicycle motor that you could ride to work or shopping on if you so desired?"

I ride my $139.00 China girl MB to work and shopping both on a daily basis.
Very true, I ride either of mine daily as long as its not raining. I find it is a great stress reliever.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I ride mine all the time too, but a common complaint about our China Girls is they're cheap Chinese Junk.

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ

I wouldn't be opposed to paying four or five hundred dollars for an better quality engine if it were available in a plug and play kit.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I wouldn't be opposed to paying four or five hundred dollars for an better quality engine if it were available in a plug and play kit.
Same here. I just wonder if that day will ever come. I think it might if MBs keep gaining in popularity.

I'm just thinking out loud that if people are willing to spend close to 2 large for a stupid kart motor, then a few hundred for a high quality MB motor should be a no brainer.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california

You can plug a 9 1/2 hp Morini into one of my Racers and go play.
Pat

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Yes and the neat part is Sportscarpet's bikes have righteous heavy duty everything. Not gonna find those at Wallyworld!:D

This is Dave31's picture

Attachments

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Yes and the neat part is Sportscarpet's bikes have righteous heavy duty everything. Not gonna find those at Wallyworld!:D

This is Dave31's picture
That seems pretty good doesn't it. With that much power everything better be HD or you could get killed fast.

The issue really isn't how much power. A China Girl already has plenty of power. Better durability is all that's really needed.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

How bout buy a real motorcycle?
A motorcycle has to be registered and insured. These type of bikes are the last freedom left. :confused: I guess I just don't understand what you mean?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

A motorcycle has to be registered and insured. These type of bikes are the last freedom left. :confused: I guess I just don't understand what you mean?
In most states if you get over a couple of hp that's going to be the case anyway isn't it?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

In most states if you get over a couple of hp that's going to be the case anyway isn't it?
Not in my state na na na :D Yet anyway lol. I see what you mean now how ever the Comet Motor is a beast too!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Not in my state na na na :D Yet anyway lol. I see what you mean now how ever the Comet Motor is a beast too!
Yeah I was just using that motor to point out that there's high quality motors out there.

I don't really feel the need for much more power, but a high quality motor made with real metal that didn't cost too much would be OK.

My bicycle would need everything upgraded if it even had 1 more hp. It flys now for a flimsy 30 lb bicycle.

I know what you mean about the freedom aspect though. I feel it a more on my MB than on any of my motorcycles.