NOOB in Northern Colorado

GoldenMotor.com

foco

May 3, 2010
Northern Co
Hello everyone! Funny progression... Harley, YZF, KLR and now bike with motor. I just decided to build one of these. I have no idea which one. Any suggestions and "for noob" comments would be great. I know Im going with a cruiser type bike and I would like to be able to attach a child carrier to the back. I would like to be able to get groceries on it and haul my kiddos. Why is it you cant buy one of these put together already? Not that Im opposed to building one. Should be alot of fun! Look forward to chatting with everybody!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
welcome :)
the trailer is a good idea !,,,my grandkids love theirs ;)
try spookytooth ( a forum sponsor, ad on the left),,,they sell pre-built cruisers and do good work :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Foco,
Welcome to the forum. Always good to see another Colorado biker joining up. Sounds like you plan to do some hauling. AzBill's trailer advice sounds like the way to go for you. Keep us posted on whatever you decide to ride/build. Be careful with those kiddos on the back. Get them helmets.
Tom

foco

May 3, 2010
Northern Co
Thanks for the tips. What about insurance? I have plans to ride this around town. My State says I need insurance on a moped. What do most do?

good vibrations

Mar 30, 2010
denva, calarada
Thanks for the tips. What about insurance? I have plans to ride this around town. My State says I need insurance on a moped. What do most do?
Shhhh=) Mines not registered or anything. Started with my Gary Fischer and now this Cranny, Got lights and turn sigs. I was goin down Broadway, moving with traffic (35 0r so) and DP cruised right by and waved and smiled. I honestly get nuthin' but thumbs up from people out here, but this state really want to move in that direction anyway( greener and whatnot) Any way, just be respectfull and you shouldn't get hassled. I actually live in Englewood and I coomute with mine everday which includes multiple trips across town on it. Well over a thousand on my 2stroke, and even had a ring hang up. Not sure if he posts here or not but MountainMan from the other forum is from Loveland I believe. Good luck to you and yes helmut you and those kids=) .xx.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've never had a problem with either the state patrol or Jefferson County. In fact a Jeffco Sheriff's deputy rode one of my bikes and loved it...and he was on duty.
Just use common sense. Obey the bike traffic rules, wear a helmet and keep it muffled. Ride responsibly and you'll probably be okay.
Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
A Sheriff deputy from El Paso county loved my bike when I visited him at a known speed trap spot and he said he didn't have any problem with my bike as long as I didn't violate the speed limit.

foco

May 3, 2010
Northern Co
Finished my bike about a week ago... I have to say what fun! I would say I have put around 20 miles on it so far. No major problems. I will be tweeking it Im sure. Sort of reminds me of my KLR. Its a very basic kit thats for sure. Im sure I will be riding it all summer.

foco

May 3, 2010
Northern Co
Hey Mdlee... I live in NW Loveland. We could meet for a beer in S Fort Fabulous. I just last night got her tuned to perfection. It would be fun to make the trip up Taft Hill. Catylist coffee? Shields and Horsetooth.