new kid in town

GoldenMotor.com

midmo

Feb 22, 2010
mid missouri
hi to everyone out there i live in missouri i found out about mb while i was building a mini bike for a freinds son and saw some kits on ebay finished the mini and had to order a bike kit for myself i found a huffy cranbrook at the pawn shop for $35 and got the kit in the mail the other day it looks good to me and i found tons of great info here wish i would have found this site first not really sure what i have pizhou yongxing 80cc model IE 47 F the box has a B H X Z with a check by the H did i wast my cash or will this work.bf.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
If your bike is a one-speed, you'll probably have to heat up the brake arm and bend it in a Z shape for the sprocket to fit. Make sure the brake arm is attached to the bike frame otherwise the wheel's bearings will tighten up. This kit is very likely a 66cc- most sites advertise as 80cc because china measures engine size differently. How much did you get the kit for? If it's over $130 it should be okay quality. You'll probably want to get an expansion pipe from sickbikeparts .com.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
You can get a $35 expansion pipe shipped from biketomopedkit.com. It's from Grubee- a very good name. SBP's is $65, but could be better quality, i don't know, haven't tested any. I hear a lot about SBP's great quality though. SBP also sells a shift kit for $150 for a standard, $210 for a Heavy Duty, and $250 for deluxe. For good performance, you could get your engine ported -$40. Search the forum for engine mods.

midmo

Feb 22, 2010
mid missouri
been searching the form for tips got the wheel bearings packed and the sprocket on this morning if i can get a few hours a day in might be running by sat mad to do some grinding on my bearing dust cap all cleaned up and looking good im going to take a look at that sight sounds good dance1

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Which site are you gonna look at? I'm thinking about getting the sickbikeparts pipe.
After about 2-3 tanks, the engine should be broken in. I would get the pipe after the engine is broken in and problems are worked out. Is your bike a cruiser style? This kit will look good on that bike. Have fun!