Clutch Screw Base

GoldenMotor.com

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Hello,

I am in need of a clutch screw base (the one that holds the cable attached to the engine) and hollow adjust bolt (the part that screw side to side to adjust the cable tension). This part is listed in the clutch parts diagram to be part #35 and #36. Both of this part should come with the engine but mines is missing. I am almost in completion of my new built with a jack shaft and then just realized the I am missing these parts and is really frustrating. . Can anybody help me get this part? My engine is Grubee Starfire 50cc GEN-IIA in Chrome.

Any help is greatly appreciated. See pic below. Thanks

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You should contact the supplier from where you purchased the engine. In most cases, if he is a reputable seller, he will send you the missing parts free of charge. If you have a telephone number, call. If only an email, send him/them a note.
Tom

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
You should contact the supplier from where you purchased the engine. In most cases, if he is a reputable seller, he will send you the missing parts free of charge. If you have a telephone number, call. If only an email, send him/them a note.
Tom
I bought the engine from this site 50cc StarFire Gen II Phantom Edition Engine - $149.99. I am not sure of the reputation though. I have sent them an e-mail and hopefully they are open tomorrow for me to call. Thanks

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if it's gonna take forever to get one, you could make one to get you going.

find a large bolt with the same thread, cut the head off, drill a hole in it and tap it. you can use an adjuster off an old caliper brake, or buy one from a bike store for a buck.

you wouldn't even have to tap the threads, you could just drill it so the adjuster slips in, and adjust it by tightening the cable, or at the clutch lever.

or, you could do my brake noodle mod.

http://motorbicycling.com/f6/brake-noodles-clutch-throttle-clearance-problems-13710.html

Last edited:

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
The dealer (Bicycle-engine.com) had just got back to me.

I was amazed that my engine a Grubee 50cc GEN II-A the stantion is built in into the engine. If you notice on the pics that there was a small hole to hold the cable housing and for the cable wire to go through it. Also I was informed that the intake that comes with it is slightly bigger in diameter (22mm) coming from the intake and then tapers down to 19mm to hold the carbs. This is one of the enhancement of the engine. I will now check the intake cylinder hole size and see if there is a difference from the other engine hat I have (Grubee Skyhawk GT5). By looking at both engines I think that the starfire gen ii-a engine has a slightly bigger intake and exhaust than Skyhawk GT5.

Notice also that the clutch arm is longer and wraps around all the way when lever is pulled or clutch dis engage. This is a really fine engine. For the price that I paid is really worth it.

Check out the built in clutch cable stop and the slightly bigger intake. Really worth it!

Attachments

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
The dealer (Bicycle-engine.com) had just got back to me.

I was amazed that my engine a Grubee 50cc GEN II-A the stantion is built in into the engine. If you notice on the pics that there was a small hole to hold the cable housing and for the cable wire to go through it. Also I was informed that the intake that comes with it is slightly bigger in diameter (22mm) coming from the intake and then tapers down to 19mm to hold the carbs. This is one of the enhancement of the engine. I will now check the intake cylinder hole size and see if there is a difference from the other engine hat I have (Grubee Skyhawk GT5). By looking at both engines I think that the starfire gen ii-a engine has a slightly bigger intake and exhaust than Skyhawk GT5.

Notice also that the clutch arm is longer and wraps around all the way when lever is pulled or clutch dis engage. This is a really fine engine. For the price that I paid is really worth it.

Check out the built in clutch cable stop and the slightly bigger intake. Really worth it!

Yup,...absolutely right!
I just measure the ports (intake and exhaust) the Starfire Engine GEN-II A chrome (50cc) Slant Head has a bigger ports than the Skyhawk GT5 66 cc.

I am really excited to test this engine!!