very bad gas mileage.

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 5, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA
I am measuring speed with my phone and with a speed-readout road sign on a long flat section of road. And as 2door suggested, i went full throttle for bit, went by the road sign, and it said my speed was 48mph. As i was riding home i noticed intense vibration which i had not felt before, so i immediately slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road, but as i killed the engine it pretty much fell out on the ground. Both front and back engine mounts sheared off flush with the engine, chain severely bent and stuck between the drive sprocket and the metal case. Had to carry it 1/2 mile back to my house. So my question is how do i get the chain unstuck from between the drive sprocket and the casing?
:-||laff

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you got the puller tool with your kit, it will pull that sprocket off

if you didn't get it, I'd say you'll save a lot of work by getting one online

Jul 5, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA
if you got the puller tool with your kit, it will pull that sprocket off

if you didn't get it, I'd say you'll save a lot of work by getting one online
I didn't get a puller tool with my kit, but i was able to work the chain out of the sprocket with a socket wrench on the nut in the middle of the sprocket. The sprocket was not damaged. So i guess all i need to do to get back on the road is buy some 10mm threaded rods, a new chain and master link, drill out the sheared mounting studs and put it back together.