What got you into all this trouble?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The definition of treachery is betrayal of trust, deceptive action or nature. In other words, cheating. Cheaters never really win, do they? So therefore, treachery never does actually triumph. "Age and treachery" so because you're older, you know how to cheat better? Tha might work for you for awhile, but one day you'll be too old to be good at anything, so does age really win?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
With a little luck, maybe you'll get there and then you can tell us.
We condition ourselves against certain things in life. I couldn't stand the way my parents were growing up, so I conditioned myself not to be like them. I strongly dislike the condescending attitude that certain people get with age, so I have conditioned myself not to be like that. Is it really that hard to remember what it was like to be young?

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I've taken quite a few beatings over the years, so sometimes I feel pretty old. Like when trying to get out of bed.
As the years go by, this engine needs to be warmed up a little longer before accelerating out in traffic.

I have a very long memory tho. I still remember life before I was old enough to attend school.
Does that make me young? /rhetorical question

I spose in the end, age is but a number and "age" is relative. When the adrenaline flows, I feel young again, and that feels wonderful :D

Like many of us here, I'll prolly still be riding these until I'm dead or too decrepit to get in the saddle!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I don't do treachery, but I can manage a very good subversive. Does that qualify?

I could be devious, but do I want people to think I'm a deviant?

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I got into these motorized bikes to stay out of trouble, because they don't go fast enough to get a ticket and people think they're neat.

It sure feels a lot faster when you're on a bike rather than in a car, I love it, feels like flying.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
I got into these motorized bikes to stay out of trouble, because they don't go fast enough to get a ticket and people think they're neat.

It sure feels a lot faster when you're on a bike rather than in a car, I love it, feels like flying.
That's probably what I like most about motorized bicycle riding. 50-60kph feels like 200kph in a car :p

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
good thing when you say "trouble" ur not talking about a criminal record, because that would just be too long of a story... hahahaha. well it all started when i was about 8

im walking down the street and i see an older lady a little more on the heavy side riding a trike with a weed eater motor. from that day forward i've always wanted to put a motor onto anything it didnt belong on. my parents could never really afford it so i never got around to motorizing anything.

when i turned about 15 me and my best friend were always needing transportation, at the time he just turned 17 and didnt want to wait another year to take the test to become mobilized. his dad had an old 204cc briggs and stratton, we had an occ chopper. we were gonna motorize it. we put a lot of time planning this project, but when we start doing the math it was just too expensive so we gave up. about a month later i found the china kits on spookytooth.com but once again, couldnt afford it.

2 years later and now im getting ready to take my permit test to get mobolized and i get my license suspended for a year. i was crushed but i remembered the china kits i found online and there was hope once again. lucky for me, i brought up my project plans around the right time of the year to my parents (tax return time!$$$)

so summer came around and i bought my kit and ever since then i've been hooked on these bike like a tweaker hook on drugs. my friends litterally call me a tweaker because im always in my garage tinkering with my bike. for me atleast, i dont think a bike build is ever comeplete because theres always something that your going to think of too make it better.

btw this bike has actually kept me out of trouble! my probation officer tryed to hassle me at first about it being street legal and what not but when i explained everything to her she really liked the idea that i outsmarted her got mobolized! (she's the one that recomended a suspended license) btw guy if your wondering how i am now, im still only 17 and ride my bike just like i stole it!

Last edited:

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
In California you're supposed to have a drivers license with an M endorsement to operate a motorized bicycle.

Just a friendly heads up to help keep you out of more trouble.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
In California you're supposed to have a drivers license with an M endorsement to operate a motorized bicycle.

Just a friendly heads up to help keep you out of more trouble.
sorry but wherever you found that information its wrong. i'll go ahead and lace you up on the real deal california law on these motorized bicycles. What is a moped or motorized bicycle?

There are two types of motorized bicycles, defined in the California Vehicle Code (VC) Sections 406(a) and 406(b).
Section 406(a) VC refers to a moped or motorized bicycle as any two or three wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, or having no pedals if powered solely by electrical energy, has an automatic transmission, and a motor which produces less than 2 gross brake horespower and is capable of propelling the device at a maximum speed of not more than 30 miles per hour on level ground.
Section 406(b) VC refers to a motorized bicycle as a device that has fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power and has an electric motor that:
Has a power output of not more than 1,000 watts;
Is incapable of propelling the device at a speed of more than 20 miles per hour on level ground; and
Is incapable of further increasing the speed of the device when human power is used to propel the motorized bicycle faster than 20 miles per hour.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
I'm not going to beat a dead horse

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=15268

You can read through if you want

Or you can just look here

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/motorcycles/motorcycles.htm

A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is:

A two or three-wheeled device, capable of no more than 30 mph on level ground, and equipped with:

– Fully operative pedals for human propulsion.
– A motor producing less than two gross brake horsepower and an automatic transmission.
– An electric motor, with or without pedals for human propulsion. (CVC §406(a))

Driver must have a motorcycle license (M1 or M2).

A “motorized bicycle” is also defined as a vehicle with pedals and an electric motor (not more than 1,000 watts) which cannot be driven at speeds of more than 20 mph on level ground even if assisted by human power. (CVC §406(b)).

A motorized bicycle is issued special license plates and identification cards, which requires a one-time $18 fee. No renewal is required.

Unless you're running electric, you need a license

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Yeah it's gotta be electric for that 20 mph no license law, how I get away with riding my electric minimotard on the street.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: What got you into all this trouble?

I was looking around the net for a bicycle. Carol's had been stolen. Stumbled across a site for chinagirl's. Saw a pic and couldn't get one fast enough. Back then there were only 2 dealers (I think) and a 2 week waiting time. Ruff, really ruff 2 weeks.

BA's 12 steps

1. We admitted we were powerless while pedaling—that our hills and distances had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore bicycling to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of engines as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the interwebs.
5. Admitted to our budget, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our desires.
6. Were entirely ready to have the patience to remove all these defects of our rides.
7. Humbly asked of our tools to remove all shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all problems that may cause harm, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such issues wherever possible, except when to do so would injure yourself or others.
10. Continued to make modifications and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through patience and experimentation to improve our contact with the road as we understood it, seeking only for knowledge and entertainment for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all bicyclists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

BA's 12 steps

1. We admitted we were powerless while pedaling—that our hills and distances had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore bicycling to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of engines as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the interwebs.
5. Admitted to our budget, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our desires.
6. Were entirely ready to have the patience to remove all these defects of our rides.
7. Humbly asked of our tools to remove all shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all problems that may cause harm, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such issues wherever possible, except when to do so would injure yourself or others.
10. Continued to make modifications and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through patience and experimentation to improve our contact with the road as we understood it, seeking only for knowledge and entertainment for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all bicyclists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.