Fever hits germany

GoldenMotor.com

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Hallo Axel!

Tolles Projekt, bin gespannt auf das Ergebnis !
Viele Grüße aus Neumünster...

Gruß
Thomas

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
All parts are painted and I will complete her the next days... hate working with fresh painted parts cause they always get scratches...may be I don't go with the mag wheels as shown before and I am not sure about the handlebar... we will see

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Go with the mags , that really gives your build a sweet retromodern look .
one little tip , when you begin to assemble your bike use painters tape to mask the frame in areas where it could be scratched durring assembly , the tape makes you think about what your doing .
Still a sweet bike .

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I love the bike! Can you get some high temperature paint and paint the motor so it blends in with the bike? Or paint the motor all black so it doesn't blend in at all, but stands out from the bike.

Terry

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
I love the bike! Can you get some high temperature paint and paint the motor so it blends in with the bike? Or paint the motor all black so it doesn't blend in at all, but stands out from the bike.

Terry
nice ideas, thanks, I plan to do something with the engine, but haven't decided yet. Will see how the bike looks when its completed and then try some detailing work

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
All parts are painted and I will complete her the next days... hate working with fresh painted parts cause they always get scratches...may be I don't go with the mag wheels as shown before and I am not sure about the handlebar... we will see
How about an olive green Army color . Would look like that bike Steve McQueen used in ..... I forgot the name of that movie but he is riding that bike like a bat out of **** across a grassy field !

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
looks good, thanks, but bike is painted and almost completed. Took some nice pics yesterday and I will post some later- it looks stunning, promised :)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Axle,
Just caught this thread and wanted first to welcome you to the forum and second, to compliment you on your build. I love the 'machine' look it has and while not usually a fan of mag wheels, somehow they look good on your build. I have a build going on right now (Indian Hiawatha) using a model 1932 Fitchel Sachs 2 speed 98 CC 2 stroke and am much impressed with its old school German engineering. I have yet to fire it up, but know it is going to be a great power plant. Your bike reminds me of some of the wonderful light motorcycles produced in Germany years ago. If you have them, please share some photos of the gas tank coming together and some commentary on how your made it... real nice!
SB

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Sorry I did not take too many build pics but the whole thing is planned and built in about 3 weeks time, the tank is built from a fire extinguisher, 4" diameter with some metal sheets welded at the front and end. I took 150 pics this weekend and just grabbed 4 to show the result- still no test drive cause chain turned out to be too short, but just got another chain from my neighbor and will have testdrive soon...

sorry I had to turn the pics but was too much height, have no resizer on this machine...

Attachments

Last edited: