Difinitive answer on Chain sizing

GoldenMotor.com

Macestar

Aug 8, 2011
United States
I am sorry if this question is redundant but I have searched the forum for this answer and not sure I have a definitive answer. While I must admit I think I know what the answer is going to be, I am not going to just assume.

Ok here goes. I bought a kit from a crappy online source with no support however I can tell from their site that the kit has a 410 chain and a 44T sprocket. I read the best is a 415 HD (heavy duty). So my question is this, Is the 415 HD the same size as the 410 or should I be looking for a 410 heavy duty? Also is the HD the same as the HD high performance racing chain? Since my chain just broke on the third test drive and I would now like to get the most reliable.

Oh btw I have learned "cheap kits cost more in the long run". :-||

Thanks,
Jesse

Macestar

Aug 8, 2011
United States
A little more info and now more questions. I guess I really need the 415H (#42H) but no one in my area carries it. However I can get the #41 but it it 1/4 wide vs the 3/16 of the 415H. Are these new kits from Gasbike comming with a thinner drive sprocket? (410 = 1/8 wide....even thinner) Thus will the #41 be two wide with slosh and play? Will it rub against the Clutch housing?

Anyone with experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse