tanks a lot man

GoldenMotor.com

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
I'm thinkin if the tanks straddled the bar instead of sittin right on top might look a bit better....anyone here speak Mandarin? ...its the only part about these kits that looks kinda hoakey to me

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The only part?

laff

Yeah, the tank was full of rust, the petcock leaked gas, the airfilter had big gaps in it, the rubbers were of uneven thickness, the chain hit the sprocket cover, the gas line was stiff as a board, the clutch lever was a POS and this is the front mount on the engine case.

Have fun!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Check your local Yellow Pages for a motorcycle junk yard near you. Many of us have adapted motorcycle fuel tanks to bikes. They look and fit well and carry more fuel than the kit supplied 'peanut' tanks. 50 and 80cc motorcycle tanks are the best bet.
Tom

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
Dang Mike B thats the kind o kit I'm worried about getting...I wonder if the Chinese even realize their reputation for junk? I lost my house and garage or I would probably build one out of an older Honda or something...I'll cross my fingers as I hit the order button

Thanks 2 Door...to me these kit ones just look like a good wind would blow it off...

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Dang Mike B thats the kind o kit I'm worried about getting...I wonder if the Chinese even realize their reputation for junk? I lost my house and garage or I would probably build one out of an older Honda or something...I'll cross my fingers as I hit the order button

Thanks 2 Door...to me these kit ones just look like a good wind would blow it off...
I was working in china, four ty-raps in a row broke on me. The chinese guy next to me looked over and said "they must be made in china" So I guess they know. However that is EXACTLY what people thought and spoke of Japan in the fifties!
Japan also started thier mfg revolution by reverse engineering just as the chinese are doing now. Only americans seem to mis-belileve that crime doesn't pay.

Building a 1 of a kind tank from scratch is only a no brainer to those that have not done it!

Last edited: