***help With Dax Install, Part 2***

GoldenMotor.com

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
well i've run into two new problems.

1) i can't understand where the throttle line is supposed to attach on to, the engine or the carb. i just don't see where it could go. any help here?

2) the biggest problem yet is when i was just about done and putting on the spark plug when i realize it won't clear the top of the bike frame. :eek: talk about a load of crap. so i am stuck with two options that i can think of.

a) cut from the top of the bike frame so that i have enough clearance to install the spark plug. i'm not sure if this will weaken the frame considerably or not. what do you think? i think this may be the better of my two options.

b) re-mount the engine so that i have more room to clear the top of the bike frame to insert the sparkplug. this seems like a good idea but this means i will have to drill another hole in the downpipe. also, i have already cut the chain to position and if i remount the engine i am afraid it will be to short.

so i think option a might be my best bet, but i'm going to sleep on it. let me know what you guys think. thanks again. i've attached a bunch of photos. so enjoy!! sidenote, i also cut from the bottom of the sparkplug attachment (you can see from the picture) to see if i could fit the sparkplug on but it did not help. you don't think that will hurt anything, do you? now that the sparkplug attachment is short and covers less of the sparkplug.

Attachments

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
here is another photo of the shortened sparkplug attachment cable. i hope it was ok for me to shorten it about an inch (^)

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Dax does have a installation manual on his site...well I've got time here you go....from Dax

Remove the cap and all parts

Place needle into center of carb slide and then put flat washer with groove on top of needle making sure you have the groove lined up with the groove in the carb slide

Install cable to plastic grip, then thread this end through the carb cap and spring

Compress spring and load cable into the end of the slide.Put the entire lenght of the cable into the slide, then release the spring inside the carb slide and allowing the spring to push down the washer and holding the needle down

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
nice, thanks for all the help guys. i guess i'll go to the store and get a low profile spark plug to try. as far as the carb goes, i did see those pics on his webpage, i just didn't think about it i guess rotfl i'll give you an update later.

for the spark plug will any low profile sparkplug work? i'm not too familiar with sparkplugs to know if any brand will work. thanks

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
If they do not have the Champion CJ7Y...they should be able to cross referance the Champion part number to another brand of spark plug.

Champion is the only part number that I know of the low profile....if I have time I'll look up other brand's part number's..

:ride2: