Got My Karaoke put together today...PICS

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I started with the bare bike yesterday and got my engine painted, put a smaller sprocket on the bike cranks so it is easier to peddle starting off, I took a 36T sprocket I had for a bike and drilled the rag joint holes, and enlarged the center hole, put heavy duty tubes and better quality street tires on, I added a front caliper brake and removed the front fender, put a chain tensioner together that I made from some strap steel and a skateboard wheel that I groved out so the chain would saddle down in it, I put a utility rack on the back and took it for a spin down the road this evening, I worked on this thing pretty steady for the last 2 days, spent a lot of time waiting for paint to dry but it wasnt to bad since it has been 103-104F here in central Texas. Anyway just wanted to post pics of what I got done the last 2 days.

I had been up and down the dirt road a couple of times so you will notice the dust already on the wheels, I hate the fact that I cant keep anything clean out here in the sticks....!

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Love the color matching.
Gives a great look, did you PC the motor of use hi-temp paint?
High Temp. Engine paint.

Yea the colors are a little different but that is why I liked it, just wanted to see what I could do with it without spending a fortune on it, the pics really dont do it justice as far as the brightness and color of the paint, but it turned out pretty good I thought, I'm even thinking of putting a Black springer front on it in the future maybe, the only thing that concerns me about that is I need a front brake on it and would have to go with a disc set up for the springer front forks, if I did this I would have to change the front wheel and then it would not have the matching Pumkin Orange rim like the back wheel.

Oh well, I may just leave it like it is accept I will put lights, mirror and digital speedometer.

Thanks everyone who gave me a thumbs up on the build, that makes me feel pretty good to hear someone else likes it too.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
You can find springer forks with V-brake mounts on them, in black even. That's what I did for my army bike, though in my case I painted them green.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Map

Both Of My Stretch Cruiser With Springer Forks Have I Hole At The Bottom Of Tube For Standard Rim Brake`s, Nothing Special Needed. Niccce Build. Thanks For Sharing. Ron

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Map

Both Of My Stretch Cruiser With Springer Forks Have I Hole At The Bottom Of Tube For Standard Rim Brake`s, Nothing Special Needed. Niccce Build. Thanks For Sharing. Ron
I believe you are talking about the hole at the bottom of the head tube. The problem with this hole is that it does NOT move with the fork assembly as the suspension flexes while the forks and tire themselves DO move. Brakes attached to this point will more than likely NOT be in alignment when applied, especially since they are likely aligned when no load is on the bike. Cantilever brakes, on the other hand, mount to the forks themselves which move WITH the tire and stay in alignment all the time.

It's also a bad idea to mount a fender using the hole at the bottom of the head tube as this will cause the fender to flex (since the struts are mounted to the dropouts, which move, and the center is mounted to the head tube hole, which doesn't) and break. Trust me on this one, I found out the hard way.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Aslan

Thanks For Posting That Info. Sounds Correct To Me. My Bad. I Mounted The Rim Brake In The Hole A Yr Or Two Ago, But Have Never Rode The Bikes Or Motorized Them Yet. Have Too Many Plan`s Or Projects!! Thanks Again, Dont Want Anyone To Get Hurt. Ron

asianflava

May 13, 2010
Colorado
I believe you are talking about the hole at the bottom of the head tube. The problem with this hole is that it does NOT move with the fork assembly as the suspension flexes while the forks and tire themselves DO move. Brakes attached to this point will more than likely NOT be in alignment when applied, especially since they are likely aligned when no load is on the bike. Cantilever brakes, on the other hand, mount to the forks themselves which move WITH the tire and stay in alignment all the time.

It's also a bad idea to mount a fender using the hole at the bottom of the head tube as this will cause the fender to flex (since the struts are mounted to the dropouts, which move, and the center is mounted to the head tube hole, which doesn't) and break. Trust me on this one, I found out the hard way.
I just found this out today. I just got my springer mounted last night and went for ride this afternoon. When I tightened the spring bolt so it didn't rattle, the fender was too close to the tire.

I also noticed the movement on the caliper when the brakes were aplied. I'm OK with the brakes because it's still better than just the coaster brake.