Find a Dealer & Review

GoldenMotor.com

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
pirate cycle awesome!!!!!!!!!! and thank you 2 kick but motors sick bike parts awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you 2 jackshaft kits santacruz scooter works awesome!!!!!!!!!!! 2 reed and carb setups thank you!!!!!!!! kings sales great sprockets !!!!!! ddm awesome misc. parts live fast not bad !!!! manics sprocket adapters are superior i used a live fast and my buddy used a manics i had to machine mine manic 5 min instal and runs true still have to tweek around with live fast but still good and the screws you can only use once due to clamshell pulling them in or not perfect alignment tricky to achieve spooky toothe i give them the most involved award and thank them for getting me into this hobby my first engine kit + fair prices good work and good people sorry just getting it out of my system thanks to all my dealer for having the good **** lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hybrid541

Jan 25, 2010
US
I recently bought a 80cc (66cc) RAW engine kit from Zone 8 cycling.
During installation the CDI spark plug cap broke off a piece.
After contacted the dealer he gave me all kinds of excuses to
avoid the warranty issue. Frustrated, I then fixed it with two part
Epoxy. Later, the plastic joint of the throttle where cable enters
the handle cracked. This time I did not waste my time to call Zone
8 cycling. I just used two small TieRap to reinforce it. The motor bike
was finally started and I am in the break-in mode. Honestly, the
kit is cheap so I did not expect a super quality to begin with.
However, the attitude that the dealer treated the customer was
horrible. My two cents here: Because the parts are weak don't stress or
tighten them too hard during installation. Use TieRap to reinforce
any weaker plastic parts. Use Locktite to assist the fasteners. Most
importantly, take advantage of this forum to find a good dealer
who can take good care of you when things go wrong. Believe me it
will. I wish I had checked in before I did my purchase.

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
It would be of great help to me if somebody could vouch for positive experiences with this blowbyu company. I was just told they were getting a certain new mounting kit in any week "now." In October of 2009, Somebody was told that they were getting the same kits shipped in "any week now." I'm not bashing this seller, but I am not certain of someone who may not give accurate information. will someone help me with info related to this company?

Last edited by a moderator:

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
It would be of great help to me if somebody could vouch for positive experiences with this blowbyu company. I was just told they were getting a certain new mounting kit in any week "now." In October of 2009, Somebody was told that they were getting the same kits shipped in "any week now." I'm not bashing this seller, but I am not certain of someone who may not give accurate information. will someone help me with info related to this company?

rbrtlndhl
Got my kit from blowbyu today. I'm sure he was getting the run around from his supplier when he was changing the dates like that. He is trying hard to build his reputation as a vendor. He also is a supporting member here on the forum. These are his posts below. Id worry more about shopping on ebay then a vendor off this site.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=13567 here he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Justin
I see you have your kit right on the day I told you that it would be there that is awsome. Your going to love it .
Now just so you all know I have been Driving my supplier nuts asking every other day when are the new kits coming in. I was promised the shipment would be in end of December then Middle January and we are past that now. I can only tell people what I have been told. I am not the man I am just the Messenger so please don't shoot me. I'm doing everything I can I will do a General post as soon as I hear they are in no one wants the shipment to show up more than I do. Here is a Quote from Don Grubee him self talking about the new 4G HS coming to America

Quote (No we have not had a chance to play with this puppy very much due to pressing other issues. (Blow By U's) supplier has some of these engines on the water right now. I think they are the only ones to have ordered any so far. It will be a learning curve to get one wired up with a small 12v bat. and rectifier/regulator and see if daytime driving will support night time lights with 7a. max charge at full rpm) End Quote.
This news came to me on Jan 16 2010 what more can I say

Terry

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Oh Justin
When you get your 4G mounted Can You Please Send Me A Picture I am sure what you install it in is going to look Sweet as you build some very nice looking bikes.
Thank you
Terry

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm not particularly "defending" Bikeberry as they do seem to be slipping on customer service in particular these days - but originally they did offer a somewhat "unconditional" replacement warranty on the entire engine... which I always thought to be completely insane given the varying levels of skill and experience of your average builder. I wasn't surprised in the slightest when they recently changed it to "parts" replacement. If I were a dealer - honestly... I wouldn't cover seizures given the likelihood of a mistake on the owner's part. The exception to this would be pics of broken rings and/or a dislodged pin - which is prolly what they want.

TBH - any "warranty" at all on these elcheapo Chinese engine kits beyond say shipping damage is still really generous I figure... but if they're giving you the run-around and not replying to your queries in a timely fashion I'd say do business elsewhere.

Still - a top end rebuild is easy and cheap, prolly cost less than just the S&H for any warranty claim. I wouldn't get a whole 'nother engine "kit" in any case - even replacing "just" the entire engine is cheaper than that.

Last edited:

Homeless Bob

Feb 25, 2010
Louisiana
There's a dealer just up the highway from where I live in DeRidder La. called Tiki Crusiers.

I've spoken with the owner and hes a knowledgable great guy. Havent' bought anything yet (still trying to decide exactly what I want to do) but he is definately going to be my "go to guy" for bikes, parts, engines, etc.

www(dot)tikicruiserbikes(dot)com/index.html

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Purchased a "50"cc slant head kit from Zoomcycles. Purchase date 10/09. Order, billing, and shipping where simple and accurate. Received the package in good condition. All items packed well, no missing kit parts. All items arrived with no scratches or dents, the motor did have one slightly bent cooling fin which was an easy fix. Motor fasteners intact with no stripped threads. Motor fired on first run. The sticker on the motor was not correct but had nothing to do with quality or the kit or completeness. I can only speak for myself and this single purchase but overall a good order experience. Also of note, the motor did smell of fuel when the head jug where pulled, I strongly suspect this unit at least had been test fired. Here is the manufacture tag attached to the motor I received.

Attachments

Feb 19, 2010
Reno, NV
I'm building my first motorized bicycle and have bought many parts from different sources. I will list the suppliers as well as my experience with each. Unfortunately since these are my first and possibly last purchases from these companies I can only post my experience so far with each.
1. Spookytooth- poopoo exhaust, cns carb, chrome covers.....all came exactly as advertised,perfect condition, prompt shipping.
2. Amazon.com- nirve headlight, speedo.....as advertised, perfect condition, prompt shipping.
3. pirate cycles- boost bottles.....received email a few days after order that what I payed for they do not have and when they get them from thier supplier then I get my order. poor experience so far!
4. chubbyscustomcruisers- stretch cruiser......received confirmation of my payment and thats it so far. no expectation date - ship info- or any other normal type business practices as of yet. This is a semi custom item so I'm not concerned yet and will post updates on experience.
5. manicmechanic- sprocket with adapter- same as above no info except "thanx for the money" this too is semi custom so I dont expect it in a few days. Just concerned by what I've read on here about Jims back orders and not receiving any info to ease my mind.
6. bikeberry- 68cc black motor, chain, masterlink.....good communication as far as order status, order shipping/tracking. I received my order quickly and in good condition.......only problem is my motor came in raw when I ordered it in black. I sent them an email letting them know about the mistake and am waiting for a response will update later

so all in all I'm finding that many companies have a terrible understanding of e-commerce and the way it should be. I have many hobbies such as snowboarding, paintballing, and a mini chopper build under my belt and have used the internet for a majority of my purchases. Manicmechanic is the only one I excuse from this due to his self ran custom parts business. The rest of them need to step up and be abit more professional if they want to succeed in an e-commerce economy. ie. shipping confirmations/tracking, updating web page info to match your stock, confirm items being shipped to be correct.

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
fluorescentadolescent,

I'm sorry.. I take business very serious. Your out of stock Boost Bottle was not taken lightly on this end, thats for sure. It is very rare as I stated in my email to you. I relayed my stresses onto my supplier. I can only try to remedy the situation with a email until my stock replenishes itself. Its all I can do.

New stock has been re-ordered and paid for well over 45 days now. I expected it allot sooner. My supplier XXXXXXX has suffered from ailments out of my reach, in turn me and my boost bottle customers have suffered as well. The manufacturer itself has been out of stock on these.

You are right it should have been marked out of stock until new stock arrived.
(No Excuses!) If you look and see it now has. I am truly sorry!! I do care.

The only thing I @ Pirate Cycles can do to show you that I care about the e-commerce business is to give you your Boost Bottle Free Of Charge!! I have yet to charge you for the boost bottle due to its current Out of Stock status anyway...

I received a email WED that My entire order of Boost Bottles shipped out to me. I will in turn ship immediately to you as promised. Should be Today.

Sincerely Concerned,
Justin

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
wow i am impressed troyboy that is excellent ecommerce in my book. I have always heard great things about you, you def always go outta your way. I know I will aways give you my business when i need something. lol if anything worry about your manic mechanic items, maybe get those by the end of summer, bud. You shoulda tried to order them thru pirates.

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Pirate Cycles is the real thing, I can only add we too suffer at times from sole source abuse. Very slow, EVEN though our orders are really money and real USA jobs. It's tough to carry mega-stock of everything.

Carry on!

Id like to appoligize to Pirate cycles. My name is Keith Jacobson with Boost Bottle Industries, I am the owner. He made orders months ago trying to keep his stock up to date. It was no fault of his that he ran out of stock. I made several promises to him that he would have his product and failed to meet my deadlines. He was on my case day after day to get his product to him... He is a very respectable business man and has always gotten his orders in to me early as to keep stock on hand. It is no fault of his that he was not able to meet his order obligations. He even asked for me to drop ship a couple orders just to keep his customers happy. I know customer service is his #1 priority. Please hold me responsible for any orders of boost bottles that may have been delayed due to our poor customer service.... Again my appologies!

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
I've bought a couple of kits from Zoom and they were fine. One thing they do say is (It's in the instructions) is that the sprocket may not want to turn and you need to use a screwdriver or other prying device to turn it initially. Mine were like that and I panicked on the first one till I tried their method. After a few turns it loosened up and worked great. Might not be what you had but this is from my experience with Zoom. I'd buy from them again.
Never pry on the sprocket, you could break something. Use a socket to turn it.

Feb 19, 2010
Reno, NV
Troy thank you I appreciate your attention. I meant in no way to say you are not a great seller.....in fact the reason I bought from you is due to the kind words from happy customers on this very site. My intention was not to get free merchandise and in fact will not take you up on your generous offer. I am happy to pay for your services and am very impressed with your drive to satisfy your customers. I realize that distributers sometimes drop the ball and inturn can make the seller look bad in the process. My rant/review was possibly over zealous. My order from bikeberry being messed up was the straw that broke the proverbial "camels" back. I also appreciate your attention to fixing the availability on your site. I can see you are a stand up guy and care about your patrons.

Feb 19, 2010
Reno, NV
concerning the sprocket and hub adaptor from jim (manicmechanic) I actually was going to order it from Pirate but they happened to be out of stock on the shimano hub size I need. Later as I read old posts about jims problems back around Dec I realized the reason Pirate was probably out of stock but I had already ordered the part and now must wait as patient as I can for my sweet hub adapter.

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
OK, so I just placed an order via Paypal E-check to Terry Blow of Blowbyu mb, and am now waiting for Fedex or UPS or whatever. I got ADHD, so I'm like chewing my nails off waiting for it to get here... Updates when it arrives. Terry has been very easy to get ahold of, and very upfront with me so far. He even allowed me to swap the standard-sized sprocket in my kit for a somewhat smaller one, without having to order the sprocket separate.

I would review others, but this is mt absolute mb-related purchase.

Last edited:

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I highly recomend Pirate Cycles and Sick Bike Parts. Both have shipped in the same day and respond to email or phone calls in the same day everytime! I talked to troyboy from pirate on the phone and not only did he answer my question but he emailed me a bunch of info and tips for these engines. Thanks Pirate and SBP!