help me please!!:(

GoldenMotor.com

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
comon i didnt even swear, i said c rap, there would of been alot of swearing in it but i thought i might get booted from membership or somthing, looks like i was half right... australlian swear alot, its a way to express your self i guess. not saying that im proud of it though!!

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
WOOO I FIXED ME BIKE, thought id just let u guys know :D.
so no one knows of any other gearboxes? or just the grubee? if so any one out there that could send it through 2 aus ??

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
yeh, wont be long and that cog on the main drive will screw up and ill have the same problem!!. ill try and enjoy it while it lasts :\

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
WOOO I FIXED ME BIKE, thought id just let u guys know :D.
so no one knows of any other gearboxes? or just the grubee? if so any one out there that could send it through 2 aus ??
There are couple redesigned units from EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY and Firebelly Cycles with potential for increased reliability. Lot's of raves from guys that sell them but too early for independent reviews. Obviously more pricey than the chinese junk but not out of the question.

Some of the chinese dealers are claiming the problem on their units is fixed but, again, no independent evaluation or details from sellers.

I'm waiting with bated breath as I have 4 kits with crummy gearboxes.

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
k just an update on me jl gearbox, just rewelded that main cog up for the 4th time!!! this time it got 2 dark b4 i got a chance to give it a test run that will be for tomorrow (need to get some bread and panadol as i cought somthin from this chick on the w/e) the last 2 times i have tryed to get the beread ect. the gear box has failed me! screw you china!!! make a dam gearbox that lasts 4 hours max. any way i spent all day working on it today and i think i have welded it enough this time to handel the amount of strain that it seems to be taking! heres a pic, hope this does the trick if its goin to fail half way again! i think i might have to refer to that fellas comment were he advised me to throw it in the creek as hard as i can and walk away! if any ones out there thats thiking of buying a engine kit, some advice dont buy the cheap sh.t! in the end u will pay more money in tryna fix it! i just wish i did a bit of research before i bought the kit, not after!! oh well, live and learn...
oh and thanks for telling me bout some decent gearboxes! im guna check em out now. as i have lost my licence for 7 years im goin to be useing my bike for a lot longer! lol laws in aus are so bs! ha i think if i get pulled up by the cops on me bike (which i havnt yet) they are goin to tell me that my bike is ileagal! wish i lived in the usa!

Attachments

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
dont worry loko, just dont do anything silly and theyll leave you alone. Ive been riding my bike in Sydney for 3 years and not a problem with cops. I still ride past them and they dont care. Just ride safely, wear a helmet, have all reflectors and lights on and youll be right. Where abouts are you?

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
dont worry loko, just dont do anything silly and theyll leave you alone. Ive been riding my bike in Sydney for 3 years and not a problem with cops. I still ride past them and they dont care. Just ride safely, wear a helmet, have all reflectors and lights on and youll be right. Where abouts are you?
im in queensland airle beach, im not sure about the laws here really, but on the qld transport site for mopeds it says that a push nike with a internal combustion engine attached is ileagal.