Outlawbiker's Occ

GoldenMotor.com

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
well some wanted to see some pics of the finished product, but to be honest i don't think ill ever be finished on this bike give or take a few things here it is after i fixed it after the nasty front end wreck. i went back to the stock front end and welded on a 1/8 plate of steel to mount up a front brake and i added a custom seat i built.

Attachments

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Hey outlaw, I will be making some changes to my setup since your story of breakage. I will still be tempting fate with my rockshox front end But I will be beefing it up significantly. I will keep you updated as to anything that happens. I wanna say thanks for your input with my threads and having my safety in mind. Your a good man sir, I like the plate on the front end idea here for the brake. If I were going to use a pull brake still I would do something similar but I'm going to disc.

outlawchopper

Mar 26, 2009
elgin,il
cool bike can i ride it. oh wait, i spend more time on the damn thing than he does plus he was to bang up to fix it so i had to but he helped as much as he could its.

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
Hey outlaw, I will be making some changes to my setup since your story of breakage. I will still be tempting fate with my rockshox front end But I will be beefing it up significantly. I will keep you updated as to anything that happens. I wanna say thanks for your input with my threads and having my safety in mind. Your a good man sir, I like the plate on the front end idea here for the brake. If I were going to use a pull brake still I would do something similar but I'm going to disc.
i hope you do beef it up and take alot consideration in building your front end,this accident happened on monday like 2 weeks ago and im still so messed up i can barely handle the pain that shoots up my arms when i try to turn my throttle and brake. i just dont want anyone else here to go thru the same pain im in even right now.best of luck to you on your build and be safe.

oh yea, and everything is custom on this bike besides the frame, i was on a shoe string budget and made the best out of what i could get and fabricate, i dont have a close up shot of it,but if you notice i even build custom chain tensioners for the rear end out of bolts welded to fender washers. i rejected all the ideas for an engine mount and made my own even tho it may look similar to ones you have seen,the engine mount is a plate steel thats some where between a 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick to avoid bending and deflection as i torqued it down to the frame and its also rubber isolated by self adhesive rubber foot grips found at tractor supply.

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah mines fully custom as well I have a movable motor mount that I can torque forward or backwards at any givin point for fine tuning tension, and a modded derailer for a tensioner. You saw my softail right?

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I would have it done, but I just dumped buckets into my new mini metal shop. It's a 8x10gabled top steel shed and will be equiped with with A Welder, Oxy+Acetylene torch, Benchtop Lathe+Grinders such, A small paint booth, and last but definately not least lots of ventilation. Anyways because I've been building and setting this stuff up I haven't worked on the bike much for a lil while.