Snork

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
LOL, KC. No, was more a day in the life sort of thing. Kinda hard to explain but this sort of thing was just another day.

Ya got paid for 84 hrs a week but worked more. (for the OT) So you were so tired all the time, ya just were kinda brain dead and void of emotions. Not at all kidding.
I know working to exhaustion but not to that extreme, when I'd had it I just climb off the roof and head to closed air conditioned bar ;-}

..made a ton of cash. For a young person, was a good thing. Honestly the worst part was you had 4 months off a year. A young man with nothing but time on his hands and a pocket full of money is gonna find some way to mess up, meet the criminal justice system or do some serious self injurious damage, LOL
Ya, but good times ;-}

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
A few yrs back I crushed my right pointer finger in machinery. (several old timere will now make fun of me)

The nail has long since grown back. and looks like a finger. all good.

LOL, except I ran out of threading oil today and used detergent, 2 stroke oil to lathe/mill.

The oil is blue. Bright, bright blue.

It seeped under the new finger nail and now I am a pretty, pretty girl with 9 grisly nails and one oh so pretty.

I have a meeting Monday, 2 days away.

just one of the things that make ya laff.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I was talking to a woman last night, she said her husband worked in an opticians, but she could never remember what he did. I said "Optometrist?" She replied, "Well, no, he's a miserable batsard really."

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
It is so fitting to post this here, but "Tom Magliozzi, one half of the wisecracking Car Talk duo known as "Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers," has died from complications of Alzheimer's disease. He was 77"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/03/360340663/car-talk-co-host-tom-magliozzi-dies-at-77

He was one of the funniest people on radio, ever. He and his brother hosted a car talk show. Some times they talked about cars.

If you have never heard of "Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers," do your self a favor and listen to one of their shows. Or 12.

Truly funny and warm hearted.....

http://www.cartalk.com/

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Wow Dan. I just posted a "RIP" before checking here. I will miss Tom terribly. Gads, I've listened to their radio show for donkey's years now. I'm glad we still have Ray, but it won't be quite the same. They were a real pair. Reminiscent of a Vaudeville team. I feel like the end of another era has come. I is sad. :(

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
It really is so sad. Saturday and again on Sunday mornings I am either in the shop or the car so I can listen to them.

The guy had the best laugh. Ya just couldn't help yourself and laugh along

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
From NPR;
"Tomorrow, (11/8/2014) on stations all around the country, Ray will be taking an hour to remember his brother Tom, who passed away Monday from complications of Alzheimer’s Disease. The show will feature some of Tom’s funniest moments from nearly thirty years of Car Talk. We’ve pulled together moments that are "classic Tom”— his wacko theories, his insights on callers’ lives, and his unique take on life. And, of course, no shortage of his great laughter.
We hope you can join us."

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hoping ya post more, Allen.

He was such a down to earth, funny, philosophic kind of guy. I was surprised he was a MIT graduate. Him and his brother.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Carol just walked into the kitchen and sang; "Since my baby slapped me, I got a new place to dwell..." in her best Elvis Presley

LOL, had me rolling

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Your a sick and twisted man, Lud.

I have always enjoyed that about you.

As soon as he put it on the rails, was waiting for just that.