The Russian engines D-4,D-5,D-6,D-8. History.

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Thanks again for the good pictures Dagger wish I could get my hands on one of the Russian engines as I think they would be very fun to tinker with.
I can't read a word of the instructions but I enjoyed the pictures looks like you can work on the ignition timing more than on the china engines which I think would be a better thing for being able to repair at home and open up other possibilities for performance up grades etc.
Its great to have Russian friends here on the forum hope you let some of your friend know about us and I hope they will join us here.
Norman

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2008
Auction MIG 21 Russian mfg. Bike engine kit

"( STOCK CLOSE OUT > NOT PART OF OUR WD PROGRAM )
As of Dec. 2008 only 15 Russian engine kits remain in USA inventory; When stock is gone no more will be available. Factory in Russia is out of business. Engine kit purchase price is $225.00 + 40 UPS. Sold only in lower 48 States only. Sorry no export sales. To buy any or all send your enquiry to [email protected] Payment by PayPal only."

4yk4a

Mar 23, 2009
Illinois
Hey,ya'll!I'm russian and newbee on this very cool forum.If you need any help with translation,i'll be more,than happy to assist you!!!

Last edited:

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
China is a world leader in mass producing and manufacturing of copying products (knock off versions) worldwide. Since the company in Russia now defunct and has been out of business for many years that has really made it easier for them to market a not so efficient or competive model (copy cat version) 2 stroke of their own. It was very enlightening and interesting to see the photographs that you provided.Some of us were vaguely informed that this is where the original design came from. So this concludes any tales of speculation of the real origin of the now highly and extensively used China engine, Thank You Dagger

Dagger

Mar 13, 2009
Russia Moscow
My pleasure. Norman,fm2200 And all.
When at us in Russia will appear enough of the Chinese engines all it will be interesting as them to repair (to correct). I left on your forum on search in the Internet. Because in Russia there is no information on the Chinese engines... Also there are no spare parts. Now I read and I Would translate MB forum to learn weak places of the Chinese engines.

Dagger

Mar 13, 2009
Russia Moscow
You can buy them from Grubee Grubee Inc. go into total products, then 2 cycle kits and you should see on the left a link to the M21 Russian Engine. 15 left i think $225.00 + 40 UPS

I very much was surprised when have seen this complete set))). At us new engines have come to an end. And at you They sell.

4yk4a
Hey,ya'll!I'm russian and newbee on this very cool forum.If you need any help with translation,i'll be more,than happy to assist you!!!
Howdy 4yk4a , once again!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I very much was surprised when have seen this complete set))). At us new engines have come to an end. And at you They sell.

Is amazing Dagger. Scooter/moped sales went up 23% last year in the U.S. (source; Hartford Courant) When I first became interested in MBs, I think there were 2 outfits who sold online. Now there seems to be hundreds.

Wanted to ask you, are the companies that that made the Russian Engines still around but just no longer make MB motors. Or are they completely gone? If the market is growing so fast, might be worth an email or 2.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Is amazing Dagger. Scooter/moped sales went up 23% last year in the U.S. (source; Hartford Courant) When I first became interested in MBs, I think there were 2 outfits who sold online. Now there seems to be hundreds.

Wanted to ask you, are the companies that that made the Russian Engines still around but just no longer make MB motors. Or are they completely gone? If the market is growing so fast, might be worth an email or 2.
Dan have you checked to see if Grubee has any left? I want one just for the wonderful cylinder design....

Jun 25, 2008
There are reportedly 15 left, unless Dan's bought them all and is now sitting on them to drive up the price and earn a few bucks!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
There are reportedly 15 left, unless Dan's bought them all and is now sitting on them to drive up the price and earn a few bucks!
Dan have you checked to see if Grubee has any left? I want one just for the wonderful cylinder design....
LOL, no I haven't. They do look cool though. I would think by the looks of the cooling fins, there would be less of the "buzzing" sound chinagirls get.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Decisions decisions... I could get a china motor and a walmart bike for what one of the Russian motors cost...

But they (China built) don't look SO COOL!

What to do... ???

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dunno Moto, with the Russian kit, spare parts would have to be fabricated but bet it would be the only one in MO. Can get another WallyWorld bike and a ChinaGirl any time.

Ya know what would be really cool! If a real Russian bike could be found! Now that would be a collector's item!!

LOL, I am gonna go google it.

(side note, I put a Honda on a Point Beach. Fit like a glove!)((3,200 miles, congrats!)