About Vintage Raleigh Bicycle Frame & Engine

GoldenMotor.com

Chris18181

May 13, 2013
Clarksville TN
Hi, Everyone i am new to the forum, I have a question whether an 80cc engine would fit on my vintage Raleigh Bicycle. I have a provided a photo and my bicycle frame looks exactly like this one. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ~Chris~

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Chris Welcome to the forum glad you joined us.

Nice cruiser, I cannot see why not it would not fit? That frame is very similar to many of the popular bikes used.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Remove the fenders and it will make a very good motorized bike.
That, is a really good idea!
A floppy fender getting balled up with a speeding tire makes for a real spectacular stop! ...the fenders and braces are not really built for hi-speed use.
20-25mph consistently is quite a bit faster than most pedal bikes!

rc
brnot

Chris18181

May 13, 2013
Clarksville TN
thanks for the info everyone, This is the first time i have ever ridden a motorized bicycle, wonder if the cops will stop me for having a 80cc motor and im wondering if i will need a license im from Tennessee

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm in Memphis and I have no problems except getting stopped so the cop can check out my bike!
If you get a hardcase cop, be sure to tell him it's 49cc which is legal in tn (motorised bicycle under 49cc, moped over 49cc)

Chris18181

May 13, 2013
Clarksville TN
ok thanks, how far do you think i could go on an 80cc engine, was thinking about taking a 40 mile trip. and does anyone on here know a good website to order an engine kit from, I seen a few on ebay for $150brnot

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I order all my kits from mingsinternational or zminglu (same vendor)
Be sure to get the latest one with the big tube motor mount and the included fuel filter.
They seem to be getting better quality with every one I order. The last few have really been good kits.