Performance parts

GoldenMotor.com

BCD

Aug 8, 2008
For those of us who don't have the skill to weld, are there any "bolt on" parts for performance (intakes, Header, Carbs) that are "universal". I mean, I see people getting stuff made for Pocket Bikes and some of that works, but some of it needs to be modded.

I guess, I don't have the knowledge to manufacture parts and am looking for solutions that allow me to send an email and say "I have a china XXcc motor and I need..." and the parts will for sure work.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
You'll get A LOT of speed out of a smaller rear sprocket. (I like the 36T sprockets.)
If you really have to have all the super trick parts, there are plenty of people right here selling something!

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

Venice Boy has it right....the most speed for your buck is a smaller sprocket...PLUS no welding required! ;-)

I am uploading a new video for You Tube today that has info on our Sprockets, Tuned Pipe, and Top Hat Adapters....

Have Fun and Ride Safely!

Andrew

BCD

Aug 8, 2008
I've ordered my SpookyTooth with the larger engine and a 36t rear sprocket. I'm hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot for hill climbing. Here in St. Louis, we have some hills, not like mountain foot hills or anything THAT extreme, but some steeper hills more so than longer ones. My reasoning for the 36T is I'd rather run at 20MPH at a slower RPM and have some left than to run full out all the time.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I like riding hills and if I slow down it gives me a reason to peddle. That is one reason I keep it a mountain bike with gears. I can go up most hills 20 plus mph.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
They are peddle assist god bless, thats why for she breaks forbid ya still go home! These motors neeeeeeeeeed to breath they did not come out of the preety cardboard box feeling this way look over this forum hard youl get the ticket()

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Tuned pipe port her out . Pore yah ` say me too have no money I ported Matched ports shaved the piston too , it was partialy blocking the intake at top dead center. Not all these chinas have the TDC prob. Pore boy has fun with ch have fun God Bless us all. Couldn't afford a tuned pipe just yet played with the baffuls on the mufler a little at a time [drilled more holes] not too much at once cuz ya can't take it back without a welder. Have fun:crash:()

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
For bolt on, there is gearing which does make a big difference. There also is the bolt on shifter kit for a multispeed bike, which allows use of all your gears so you get kick arse acceleration without giving up top speed.

For actual engine power there are some bolt on expansion chambers (huge difference) and bolt on carbs and air filters. All will help, but as mentioned are useless without at least matching the ports with both manifolds (again - HUGE difference) . So invest the money in a Dremel tool, several packs of sanding drums and go to town. It's actually pretty easy to match the ports by sanding the manifold with a Dremel. Intake has all kinds of weld bead and stuff, exhaust is just WAY smaller than the head exhaust port (terrible). PLUS you'll need to make your own gaskets - the gaskets can be the choke point - and that can't possibly be good!

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I thnk you'll like the Spooky tooth with the 36T sprocket. That's what I have, and it runs along at a good clip. Plenty fast enough for me. Pedal assisting up a steepish hill on a long ride yesterday worked fine, and the motor isn't fully broken in yet.

Next, I think I must take Pablo's advice, and dig the Dremel out of the basement. This sounds like an easy operation -- Like you, I wouldn't touch a welder either!

Brenton