Motor kit finally came in

GoldenMotor.com

Bobjr59

Feb 20, 2012
Covington,Georgia
Well my motor kit finally came in and I was about to do a happy dance1 till I discovered my bike frame was to fat for the motor mountsscratg:( now I've got to figure out how to either make or see if someone makes an affordable mount so I can get her going.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
That mount comes with a lot of kits and is kinda flimsy.

The one from Sick Bike Parts can be flipped to be installed 2 ways
and is much sturdier. Note that there are 2 sizes.

I concur with MotorbicycleRacing, you can also get these Billet Clamps for a much more cleaner and professional look just scroll down the page find the size clamp for your frame tubes and your done:

Here's the Link:
http://www.dansperformanceparts.com/buggy/bilaa/buggybilaa1.htm

Here's the Link showing these Off Road Roll Bar Clamps:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=221360#post221360

C.H.

Last edited:

Bobjr59

Feb 20, 2012
Covington,Georgia

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Everybody forgets all my advice is oriented towards the REALLY low budget builder.
I'm very cheap and strive to spend as little as possible to do the job. I don't buy things I can make myself (unless I'm extra lazy that day) and I know what works in a pinch.
This is why all my sale bikes are very basic builds for the newcomer to the hobby.
I hate to admit it, but I'm more southern than aerospace with my engineering!
I estimate I have spent less than 250$ on EVERYTHING I've done to the Pig so far...
Bulletproof and dirt cheap, just the way I like it.

Bobjr59

Feb 20, 2012
Covington,Georgia
well if-fen I had a shop I'd love to Gerry rig things but since I don't and I'm even cheaper then most people because I weight things and think them out what would be the cheapest way to go sometimes it's best to spend the extra money up front and not have to worry about it later.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There will always be two schools of thought regarding building. There's the "DYI" verses "Buy it and bolt it on".

I've seen this in the street rod hobby for years. Those of us who build our parts, find suitable items in salvage yards, and have the tools and skills to fabricate will always suggest the cheaper route when it comes to building a project.

Then we have the other side who, for whatever reason, elects to simply point and click and wait for the UPS truck. We used to call them 1-800 builders before the Internet offered an alternative to the telephone.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with either approach to building. It's just another example of why there's chocolate and vanilla.

The important thing is to build the bike for safety and reliability. However you accomplish that is not the issue. Nor is how much money is invested.

Tom

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
There will always be two schools of thought regarding building. There's the "DYI" verses "Buy it and bolt it on".

I've seen this in the street rod hobby for years. Those of us who build our parts, find suitable items in salvage yards, and have the tools and skills to fabricate will always suggest the cheaper route when it comes to building a project.

Then we have the other side who, for whatever reason, elects to simply point and click and wait for the UPS truck. We used to call them 1-800 builders before the Internet offered an alternative to the telephone.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with either approach to building. It's just another example of why there's chocolate and vanilla.

The important thing is to build the bike for safety and reliability. However you accomplish that is not the issue. Nor is how much money is invested.

Tom
Well said 2Door! It's all about the fun!
*does a donut forgetting about the broken ribs, screams in pain and falls off the bike*

Last edited by a moderator: