Police

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Went to the store this morning and suddenly found myself surrounded by cops. At least six police cars stopped to check out my motorbike. After busting my walnuts awhile with helmet and license baloney the main instigator finally admitted they had stopped just to check my bike out and were kidding about hassling me.
I must say, I was instantly *!^*#%^*&%! when I thought they were serious, and felt much relief when I realised they were just busting my walnuts.
Cops.
They are funny.
Except when they're not.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I once had a Memphis cop clocking me down the middle of Summer Ave. at about three in the morning just to see if it would do 30....he didn't think it would.
I can't imagine why he thought it was only 49cc.....:p
(32.4 mph screaming it way too far)

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Cops here are real funny like that. They will pull you over, hassle you about something or other, then admit they really just pulled you over to get a closer look at your bike. They did this numerous times to me when I had a TREK Y-Frame mountain bike. I've found that if you smile and act cool they usually get past the hassle part a little faster.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yeah, but I have an instant reaction when I'm NOT breaking the law. I tend to be very easily irritated by smart*** cops (to no good effect) The older I get, the harder it is to tolerate crap from people in authority, and cops around here seem to run towards the gung-ho fingerless glove wearing guys who mow the lawn in full swat gear to impress the neighbors. I've had several bad experiences with cops getting mad when I don't stand for rudeness and speak up about it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Living in New England, cops are for the most part sort of "don't bother me and I won't bother you" Had one female officer just smile from ear to ear and wave. Most of the time they just look away almost as if they don't wanna be bothered. The cops in my little town are great though. Usually a smile and wave.

The closest I came to a problem was this huge MC cop in Hartford. He was sitting on his bike on the opposite side of a 4 way intersection. He saw and heard me and sat bolt upright on his saddle in an aggressive posture. I grin like an idiot most of the time when I'm ridding and waved. (I said like!) Could see him physically relax. I had inadvertently communicated that I was not a problem or threat. Was kinda funny. A full on conversation, a 150 ft away from each other with out a word.

Last edited: