1940 skip tooth board track build

GoldenMotor.com

frank hughes

Mar 29, 2011
florida
Hello everyone, here is a video of my 1940 skip tooth (women's schwin) build. It will be pin striped in red soon which will complete the paint.

Last edited:

frank hughes

Mar 29, 2011
florida
Thanks! I appreciate the comments. Im in the process of a vintage Monarch
(bobber) build. I stretched the frame 4" however kept the same frame lines. This will allow me to lower the engine in the frame just ahead of the crank.
I took mustache bars and added 8" to each end. The bike really sits and feels great.
Ill post some pics at some point

miked

Apr 10, 2010
Ct
I kinda like the look of the pipe, did you just cut off the muffler? Any adverse affects to doing that?

frank hughes

Mar 29, 2011
florida
Thanks, I was going for the original look of the pipe and simply made a pipe using a small piece of old handle bar cut on a long angle. It's loud but sounds pretty good for the engine size.....its got that pop to it. It will however effect performance. I have another pipe with the muffler on so I use the cut off version for show only

miked

Apr 10, 2010
Ct
Have you tried to ride it with the cut pipe? Some people say that these engines need back pressure....others dont. There seems to be no consensus, just curious because it does really look like an original and the pop is great too.