Venice Ruff Cycles Chopper Build

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Norm,
I think that we have gotten compalcent about the high quality and great beauty of your builds. Everything you turn out looks great, as if it didn't take a lot of time and effort and skill to make that happen... which of course it did. It is as if you are a professional and just about all the rest of us are amateurs. I know I am and most of the time I'm just winging it. But you seem to really know what you're doing and have worked out a methodology that results in top quality, one bike after another. Like you come in to work, sit down, push a button and out comes another fantastic bike. Right. You make it look easy.

I know you're well thought of around here and a valued member of the forum. Sometimes when I'm doing a thread I feel like I'm talking to myself. Other times theres a nice exchange. It really does help when people make comments and suggestions. I know it gives me a boost and sometimes a build hits a point where a boost comes in real handy. Keep up the great work, my friend.
SB

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks for the compliments SB... This bike took me 10 months to finally finish, & you're the only one to comment on it. (I guess that means you're the only one who cares). :)
Nearly 8k views here and who knows how many on your site and Facebook (where I've been watching). These things turn into a monologue as people take in what you are doing. If nobody was interested the view count would be yours and the bots that tripped over it!

Another great looking build. Can't wait to see how you top it (and I'm betting you will).

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks for the compliments SB... This bike took me 10 months to finally finish, & you're the only one to comment on it. (I guess that means you're the only one who cares). :)
Yes Norm, I think SB is right, you suffer from "too-good-itis". That's a condition where you are so good at something that people come to expect nothing less than sheer awesomeness. You do make great rides, but you make so many bikes in all different styles, that we just figure "yah, VMB always makes quality stuff." It also seems like there are fewer posts and contributing members around here lately, I'm not sure why.

Anyway, you done good son, just like we knew you would,

Gilbert

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a little update... The bike has been traveling across the country on the back of the cab of a big rig ever since its new owner received it.

It's a little rusty on a few parts but otherwise it's been holding up very nicely!!
It starts right up & still runs pretty well!

It's back in my shop for a little tuneup & a good polishing because I have another reality TV show knocking on my door & I'm hoping to show off this (& a few other of my custom bikes) if I get on the show. (^)

image-2539562282.jpg image-1308538158.jpg image-2295723742.jpg

Last edited: