Antoher question !

GoldenMotor.com

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Ok this is my deal. What I want on my new build. The stretch curser
I plan to build I have nailed down. The motor is what I,m having
trouble in which one. I live in hill country.

I want a multiple gear bike. I really would like I think, is a semi auto
contained engine transmission. I gave up thinking 125 cc for I don't
need that much power. What are YOUR thoughts on this engine pros
cons. http://www.pccmotor.com/88cc-86cc-motor-engine-honda-crf50-xr50-complet88865050.html It is 6 HP

I started to order it but before I throw down the cash I need your input.

Fly .flg.

Last edited:

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
yea great choice wich is why the labour and cost will be so extreme. have you seen a derbi senda 50 with a bigbore kit? or their 4 stroke 125? those are nice gearbox bikes built to the top level.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
You will have plenty of power for any hills out there and geared properly a pretty good top end too. Im not a real fan of the semi auto as I don't think the shifting is very smooth on a bike. If you are trying not to have a clutch handle showing on the bars for legal reasons then the semi is the way to go.

Remember- the old Honda Cub moved the world on 49ccs.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Frank I must admit I like those. I had never heard of them & did a search.
I see they are made in Spain. It is everything I,m looking for yes. But I can not
find a distributor that sells just the engine. I also considered the DeNardis engine,
some what $$$ but just one speed, & I really want the semi auto & the derbi senda
would for sure fit the bill for this build. If you know of a place I could find a engine please
respond. I plan to spend a lot of time & effort on this build. It's some thing I plan to keep.

It would be much lighter for sure than the 4 stroke also.

Fly

Last edited:

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Well I did not know derbi senda 50 did not make a air cooled engine. They
are also a little over powered for a bicycle at 12 hp. The hp can always be
tamed down but the water cooling is something I do not want to deal with
on a bicycle.
Fly

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
yea all the derbi 80cc senda videos are good. the senda 125 is beatifull. the stock senda 50cc is very tame.
i think aprilia dealers can get you one but they are on ebay aswell.
i have an aircooled derbi bullet scooter and its ok... the liquid cooled derbi predator has a far better build however with inverted forks and dual disc brakes etc etc.
a liquid cooled 50cc scooter is easy to find in your area.

Last edited:

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
if you want just an engine there are tomos 55cc aircooled 3speed trans will be ok. all the scooters have cvt transmissions :)

im just rambling. the denardi engine will only be as good as the bicycle it sits in.

- i feel like people dont know what a derbi senda is/ there for dont ask for one. i want one so bad.....:)

Last edited:

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Well I jumped off & bought the Honda. My biggest concern will be with
the engine & interference with the peddle or chain. But being I,m construction the main frame I may have to adjust what I have planned. Once the engine arrives &
I can view it in real life then I will have a much better Idea.

I did as much research as I could find on line.I really did not dig up much. I PM
Cannon Ball since he said he had done the same. But as to the way I want this bike
it may have to change some. I,m finding this stuff really fun, but not knowing bikes
as some of you it can be a challenge.

Oh well Fly

Last edited: