Honda CB300F Naked introduced

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nice bike. I would buy one.

Costs less than my TW200, but can't go up the side of dirt hills.

Hey y'all, you wanna go fast and safe? For not much gas? Down the freeway (short distance) even?

Here ya go. 4 grand. Insurance about $200/yr. Plates about $125/yr.

Probably gets 75 mpg. Motor don't vibrate parts off into the street. Parts falling off don't cause you to go sliding down the street.

Really, if you want to go fast for cheap, this is the way to go.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
If I hadn't built my MB, I would've got something like this. I've had my share of fast and comfy road bikes......don't really need, or want a big bike anymore. The new small CB series would suit my needs very well. Well, if I didn't already have a MB!!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
They are two different machines for two different missions, xseler. For me, the motorized bike is for tinkering and shorter trips. The CB300F is for the longer commutes on higher speed limit roads.
These days, I actually have a 125cc scooter and an e-bike.
I am a long time Kawasaki fan, but the Honda CB300F really offers a lot for the pesos.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Yeah, I know........I just don't have the urge to do the 'longer trips' anymore on a cycle. I live on the fringe of the metro and there's not a lot of traffic in my area --- perfect conditions for my MB. For my usage, the two would be practically interchangeable. Again, that's just for me.

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
i still say buy used. my bandit 1200 was $1700 and only had 16k on the clock. great machine especialy for the price! great mpgs (compaired to my truck) and simple as **** to maintain. but i still ride my MB to and from work (gallon a weeK).. but i cant put the ol lady on the MB

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Now you've done it, ruined a perfectly good thread about a 300cc econo bike with your 1.2 liter road burner.

I do agree about used. After my '57 Chevy was stolen I embarked on the motorcycle trail, I could chain them to the carport post.

Old Honda 350, $300. Bought it, licensed it, passed DMV on it. Sold it for what I bought it for and haven't stopped yet.

Really. You can buy a perfectly good used motorcycle for what you would spend building a motorized bicycle. If you want to go 50 mph, I suggest this as a healthy alternative.

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
wasnt so much the cc i was after, but the fact that i bought a really nice piece for less then a 1/3 the cost of a new machine. with just a little bit of tinkering and luck, you could purchase a once "top of the line" machine for next to nothing.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Honda CB300F is a girl's bike......and where is the naked introduction that the title suggests? Any motorcycle less than 450cc is typically a girls bike the way I see it.

My good friend phood has a TW200 Yami........a great kids bike!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Who cares what sex the bike is? I don't.

And yes, the kids here ride bigger stuff than I do. But that's OK.

I like my Tdub. It gets me up and down these hills with no problem.

And I don't need a pickup truck to get to the park either, I just ride there on the street.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'd ride either the TW or the CB. Don't really care if it twists anyone's tighty whiteys. I've long lost the need of approval from others. I say "2 wheel til you can't".

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Who cares what sex the bike is? I don't.

And yes, the kids here ride bigger stuff than I do. But that's OK.

I like my Tdub. It gets me up and down these hills with no problem.

And I don't need a pickup truck to get to the park either, I just ride there on the street.
Reminds me of when I was a kid......seriously.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I went up 2 teeth (52 from 50) on the wheel sprocket, a little more torque. I like going up the hills in second and down in third. This improved the drive torque as well as the braking torque.

And 55 on the surface streets is no problem either.

I replaced the flooded cell battery with a sealed lithium batt that cut 5 pounds off the weight. I dumped it once and I didn't like to see the acid leaking from the vent hose. Everyone says that you are going to go down in the dirt. Why then do they put flooded cell batteries in dirt bikes?