another new guy (2nd build)

GoldenMotor.com

Gutz

Feb 16, 2014
Muscle Shoals Al.
the last one was stolen.. it was a Statton roller drive.. it was fun but I think the next one will be something more beefy.. I'll likely be asking for advise but I've done plenty of reading here.. I know you guys like giving advice..

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hello gutz and welcome to the forum. i had my motorized bicycle stolen years back and i know how you feel, i had my engine on an expensive schwinn home grown frame and it broke my heart. you will find with each motorized bicycle build you will learn something new. it may be something small but will make a big difference and hope you share those things with us, great to have you with us and i hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do

Gutz

Feb 16, 2014
Muscle Shoals Al.
thanks Paul.. the creep.. or creeps.. took a saw and cut a beam out of my porch that holds the overhead up to get it.. kept it locked up there for years when I wasn't riding it.. there's only one like it, I've never even see another motorized bicycle around here.. they would have to go out of town with it everybody around here knows who it belongs to.. I let everybody take a spin on it that wanted to... if I see it going down the road.. somebody's in trouble

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i live on an island that is only 28 miles long and 9 miles wide, i expect to see it but never do. i hope i do because i want it back. it was a great mtn bike with all top of line stuff on it and made a great motorized bicycle, like yours it is one of a kind. custom paint job by a friend in michigan that paints harley's for the harley davidson museum. it still puts me in a bad mood every time i think about it. the thieves climbed a fence then up on my deck to take it, my motorized bicycle is now kept in the condo

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yes especially electric motorized bicycles. that is what i ride now, over 7,000 miles and no maintenance except basic bicycle maintenance

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
That's the problem with bike thefts, when your bike gets stolen, it will either be returned..in pieces, not returned at all, or broken up abandoned in a ditch somewhere. Taking it alone is bad enough, but riding it and smashing it up, all of that money...down the drain. As mentioned before....will never see my Rickenbacker again. Hopefully you catch the crook, I've caught a theif trying to makeoff with my bike, right out of my driveway in plain daylight! I calmly asked him not to take it or there would be some serious repurcussions via a phone call to the police department. We worked it out and he left. Since then, haven't seen him.