opening jet size without drilling

GoldenMotor.com

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
picked up a new 2012 79cc predator from HF. jet size is rediculously small. even with the stock air filter and exhaust couldnt get this thing runnin right.
i new right away it was leaning out. the rev would start to fal( holding throttle in one position) and after reving it didnt want to idle. it wouldnt start at all unless choked even after warm up. i didnt have any small drillbits so i took a hammer and a thumb tack gave the jet hole a good wack from both sides. all be damned, it runs perfect now. ive read that a lot of new engines are having this issue because the epa is chokin these things down.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
picked up a new 2012 79cc predator from HF. jet size is rediculously small. even with the stock air filter and exhaust couldnt get this thing runnin right.
i new right away it was leaning out. the rev would start to fal( holding throttle in one position) and after reving it didnt want to idle. it wouldnt start at all unless choked even after warm up. i didnt have any small drillbits so i took a hammer and a thumb tack gave the jet hole a good wack from both sides. all be damned, it runs perfect now. ive read that a lot of new engines are having this issue because the epa is chokin these things down.
A cheap drill bit set is only about $5 bucks from Ebay, Amazon etc. Doing the job with a thumb tack seems wildly inaccurate, however, you can't argue with results!