Starting my 3rd build and I want to do it right!

GoldenMotor.com

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Hello! It's been a long time since i have been on here. I am going to start my 3rd and final bike build. I just need a few questions answered.

1. Which is stronger and more reliable; in frame chain drive or over rear wheel chain drive?

2. Which brand and model bike is the best for these builds? (my last few have cracked rather easily)

3. Is the pirate cycles sprocket adapter stronger than the traditional way of sprocket mounting?

Thank you for sharing your information with me!

-Chris

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
gonna need some more info here Bud

2 stroke or 4stroke
KIT or a DIY build
max MPH you want to see
what brakes do you want on the bicycle coaster drum disk or Vbrakes
cruizer mountian cargo longtail cargo roadbike trike delta or tadpole or a granny trike

what CC motor do you want to run to stay legal where you want to ride

how handy are you at making custom parts can you weld use a mill or lathe??

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
XD Sorry for the lack of information.

I want to use a Super Titan as the engine.

I want the DAX over rear wheel chain drive kit

IDC about MPH as long as i dont look like a snail

I want caliper brakes... I dont care what style

I Prefer a beach cruizer as they look so classic... But ill take anything as long as its reliable and under $170

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Anybody?

I need suggestions as this will be my last and final bike. If I treat the engine correctly, will it be reliable? (Super titan)

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
the HuaSheng 4-Cycle 49cc Motor are good motors and if not over reved will last a long time... the super titan is a rebadged HS Only drawback to a rack mounted motor is the weight is mounted higher then a inframe. The schwinn should last a awhile but the weakest points are the wheels and bearing at some point you may have to rebuild or upgrade

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Could i possibly get a link to a real HuaSheng 4 stroke? Are there any other engines (with links) that you would suggest for my setup? It doesnt matter if they are 4 or 2 stroke...

Thanks
-Chris

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Is it better to buy the 4G Kit from pirate cycles or buy all the parts separately from DAX with the Titan? Does the inframe 4 stroke kit on DAX come with an engine? If so, how much is the kit?

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
The oil doesn't need to be changed every 200-300 miles. Every 25-50 hours is fine after the first oil change (10 hours).

I recommend 15w40 oil, as it's typically for heavy duty applications and has good properties for these little industrial/commercial engines.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Hey guys. I finished my build (almost). I live about 20 miles from Phantom Bikes. I went there yesterday and bought everything i need. I CAN NOT EVEN DEPICT HOW WONDERFUL THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS!!!!! They got me all ready with all the parts i needed. All that is left is the gastank. I had to leave the one that came in the kit because they have to re weld it. I made a makeshift tank to test the bike out. BTW I bought a Felt Slant with a HS engine, custom 4G tranny, rear sprocket adapter with 50t sprocket, billet crank, etc.

My question:

John at Phantom Bikes told me to use 10w30 oil. I put some in the engine, and filled it to the bottom thread (like he told me to do). I am just wondering if this is the right oil because its already black colored...