Help me choose between TWO bikes!

GoldenMotor.com

Mick5s

Mar 14, 2012
Connecticut
Hey All

So I have narrowed down my choice to two bikes. I need to get them from Target because I have $90 in gift cards there.

I'll show the choices, but feel free to recommend any others on the site.
They must be beach cruisers, and accept a front brake.

Here they are!

http://www.target.com/p/Schwinn-26-...cency&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

And

http://www.target.com/p/Huffy-Mens-...cency&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

Whatever you guys think about these or others is pretty much the final word. I have been unable to decide for a couple weeks now!

JSSuper

Mar 14, 2012
Utah
Of those I kinda like the Huffy personally, But I am new here too and my opinion isn't worth as much. Not to mention I am having a hard time picking a bike to build also.

Mick5s

Mar 14, 2012
Connecticut
Yeah. I LOVE the Huffy and would buy it in a second, if it weren't for the fact I wasted nearly $300 on my last Huffy Karaoke MB. It didn't even last a year.

But if you think it will work and I can put a front brake on, then the Huffy it is!!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Yeah. I LOVE the Huffy and would buy it in a second, if it weren't for the fact I wasted nearly $300 on my last Huffy Karaoke MB. It didn't even last a year.

But if you think it will work and I can put a front brake on, then the Huffy it is!!
Either bikes will work. Both can accept front and rear brakes. Not hard to install a China HT, other then a mount will need to be made. I, myself would go with the Huffy...added features.
Something to look forward to.

Last edited:

Mick5s

Mar 14, 2012
Connecticut
@Al.Fisherman-- really cool clean looking bike. like the boost bottle!

So pretty much any front brake assembly would work right?

And I cannot put a rear brake on without making a mount, correct?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
@Al.Fisherman-- really cool clean looking bike. like the boost bottle!

So pretty much any front brake assembly would work right?

And I cannot put a rear brake on without making a mount, correct?
The rear brake and a mount has nothing to do with one another, unless you are talking about a mount for the brake. These are photos taken on a Huffy cruiser
Rear brake

Front brake

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
WOW! Totally digging that Huffy. Is it just me or do the Huffy frames seem stronger than Schwinns? I've never messed with one but they just look stronger.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Go with the Schwinn Men's Majestic Cruiser Bike as suggested by MotorBicycleRacing.
You will have gears to use rather than a single speed, The best brakes possible without going to full disc brakes (which are better still), and the ability to run a shift kit if you wish to.
All around a better choice by far.

Mick5s

Mar 14, 2012
Connecticut
Actually, I think that I might go with this one:

I love the white tires and the old motorbike look. I think it would be awesome.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Alright. Will I have to get new wheels for the brake pads? I think the normal cruiser ones will work.
I have the original wheel on both front and the back is a non coaster brake wheel. It is a multi speed wheel. I found the proper ratio for starting and pined the chain to that gear. I can't change gears when peddling, but I don't peddle more then 20 feet to begin with.

WOW! Totally digging that Huffy. Is it just me or do the Huffy frames seem stronger than Schwinns? I've never messed with one but they just look stronger.
Really can't tell any difference between the two. Have not had frame failure on either one.

Last edited:

heycisco

Nov 13, 2011
Fresno
I have the Nel Lusso bike like the one posted with a two stroke motor. But far as the ride goes, it needs a front suspension forks. for a better comfortable ride, disk brakes would be the way to go. the v brakes I have are added on, but wear out pretty fast. I also changed the seat it came with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick5s

Mar 14, 2012
Connecticut
Even after those upgrades that it needs, would you recommend it? Because it seems very cool! No major problems yet?

Recommend?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I think I can see ur gonna get the pretty one, but MBR and GN are looking out for your best interests.

The Schwinn Majestic Cruiser is a far superior platform for a motorized bicycle.

and that ain't just my opinion.
It can be proven.

:)
rc

dizzystheman

Dec 5, 2011
illinois
I think you should start with a bike that has brakes, front and back. So I prefer something like a Schwinn Beach Point cruiser or Clairmont. More money but greater value.

Mick5s

Mar 14, 2012
Connecticut
Yeah but the fact that those bikes have gears, which I would have to just take off anyway, and they don't look nearly as great as something like the Huffy Nel Lusso or the Nassau.

I just don't want it to be just another thing that looks like I had a bike in my garage that I stuck a motor on. I really want it to be different, even have some kind of theme if you will.

Just a generic black Shwinn cruiser might be much better, but it really is not what I am looking for.

IF there are other bikes that are better than the Huffy, like those Shwinns, and have some cool look to them or something different then just a normal every day bike, then maybe I have just not looked hard enough.

I just want it to stand out and look very planned out in terms of style and whatnot.