New grubee skyhawk owner

GoldenMotor.com

nomadirac

Aug 3, 2010
phoenix az
I really apreciate all of the great posts I have read on this forum. I love my 2010 kit I installed a couple of weeks ago. I did run into a problem yesterday that I can use some help with. burned through about 1 gallon of the richer recomended break in mixture. Engine has been running pretty good but seems to be running a little lean. Last night I removed the cyl out of the top of the carb and adjusted the needle 1 notch toward the rich side and it would not run at all. After pedaling a couple blocks I had oil dripping out the muffler and put the needle back to where it was and stuck my extra plug in and it still would not start. I forgot to turn the shut off valve off when making adjustments-could that have flooded the carb and filled the engine with fuel? Any suggestions for getting my bike running again? Really excited to be part of this forum and thanks in advance for any help.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the float could've stuck, or it might be cracked and filling with fuel. since the bike ran fine before, i'm guessing it just got stuck.

that happened to me once and i just shut the fuel off and pedaled and pedaled (and pedaled, and pedaled...) trying to start it to blow out all the fuel. finally started, so i rode it till it almost died (remember, the fuel's shut off) then turned the fuel back on and it worked fine after sputtering around awhile.

nomadirac

Aug 3, 2010
phoenix az
Thanks for the replies. It must have been the float sticking. After sitting a while with the plug out it runs just fine. Its great to have this support network to help me keep my bike motor running smoothly. Thankyou! Damon