Vacation Time…Los Angeles to Northern Calif.

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Vacation Time…Los Angeles to Northern Calif. Aug. 24-29

I will be packing up my truck with my two favorite motorbikes and my 14 year old son. We have no set plans but to travel from Los Angeles and head north along the coast. We plan to stop and ride as much as we can. The first stop will be Santa Barbara, from that point it will be Pismo Beach then San Luis Obispo. From then on who knows; May end up in....Washington

If anyone wants to ride as we travel through your area please let me know, it will be an adventure for sure.

culvercityclassic

wasabi805

Jun 2, 2010
Santa Barbara, CA
Damn. How many days will you spend is Santa Barbara? I'd like to welcome you and your son into town to be your pseudo tour guide for the day for your first stop in but, I'm heading out to vegas with some buddies on the 22nd coming back the 25th.

I'd definitely love to chat about your trek to San Fran. I'm planning to do the same to see my parents in the bay area.

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Well we made it to Santa Barbara and must say this is some of the best riding I have done on the motorbikes. The weather is so nice 84 today. I have already ran into a couple other MB. Downtown SB is where I am at. Looking to maybe stay another day or so.

I sure would like to run into the velo guy, I think he rides in this town.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Re: Vacation Time…Los Angeles to Northern Calif. Pics

Vacation Time…Los Angeles to Northern Calif. Aug. 24-29

the trip was the best vacation time I have had in a long time. Time spent with super weather and views that were unbelievable. My son was amazed at the beauty of nature and of man made objects (Golden Gate Bridge).

We spent some time in Santa Barbara, Pismo Beach, Santa Cruz and San Francisco. Going over the bridge was awesome.

We rode everyday all over and put close to 300 miles on the bikes with only one flat close to the hotel.

Next trip it would be nice to get some of my local riders to attend. ??????

Attachments

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about a trip to Yosemite which isn't too far once I break in the motor on this new unit.
I was inspired reading this thread to continue planning a bike and camp with one of those Kiddy bike trailers.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
It was a fun time and we are going to do it again when he gets out of school.

Both my kids are going with me to willow springs, I have built them both bikes to race. Fathers day weekend... What could be better.....

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
I'm a solitary fellow but I hope to meet interesting people along the way.

I have considered getting a second bike so i can invite someone.. Maybe a new lady friend?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Ya that was an old post. We are doing the ride vacation again at the end of this month, this time we plan on staying in Santa Barbara. Great riding up and down the coast and a very cool atmosphere.Aug. 30-Sep-3