Part failure after less than an hour

GoldenMotor.com

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I ordered a new CDI from thatsdax well I have it but I had to wait for a new Magneto to come in, well I got it in today hooked everything up and it started. Well I went for a little ride to make sure everything was running ok then I went home, let the motor cool checked all bolts/ nuts, wires well the plug wire was loose that goes into the CDI. I took it off and the screw is loose and will not even produce a spark now. LESS THAN AN HOUR ON THE PART mind you. Well I shot thatsdax an email about it and the order number we will just see how this gets resolved. I've been waiting over a month to get my bike back in order and I did then less than an hour later a brand new park fails.

sorry about sounding harsh

Last edited:

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
update i contacts them and they are going to send me a new one I just had to send them some photos of the screw moving around.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Duane really is great about this sort of thing. Must cost them big bucks and they are always right behind what they sell. My 1st kit was from them.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I ordered a new CDI from thatsdax well I have it but I had to wait for a new Magneto to come in, well I got it in today hooked everything up and it started. Well I went for a little ride to make sure everything was running ok then I went home, let the motor cool checked all bolts/ nuts, wires well the plug wire was loose that goes into the CDI. I took it off and the screw is loose and will not even produce a spark now. LESS THAN AN HOUR ON THE PART mind you. Well I shot thatsdax an email about it and the order number we will just see how this gets resolved. I've been waiting over a month to get my bike back in order and I did then less than an hour later a brand new park fails.

sorry about sounding harsh
Note that runnung the ignition without plug attached can cause CDI failure. It's very risky looking for spark by holding plug against engine. Better to wire it to bars or frame while checking spark.