pictures of multiple engine bikes i saw

GoldenMotor.com

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
You show these pictures to people who know what they are talking about, then get mad when they poke holes in everything about it. Like the old PT Barnum saying goes, one born every minute.

double trouble

Oct 10, 2011
Motor City
I only posted this to show how cool they look. I do not care if they run or not.
I don't really like Chicycles any more. For you guys , I thought it was something neat to dream about.
I guess not.
I'll stick to real quality motor cycles, mopeds, and Japanese scooters.
These bikes are just a sideline to make a few bucks fixing other guys mistakes..

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Okay, okay. No more arguments. Yes, we appreciate you sharing the photos but please don't feel attacked when experienced builders point out obvious flaws in the design or use of the multi-engined bikes.

As for putting the OP down for posting them that will stop now. If you don't like them or find them 'offensive' in some way ignore the thread and move on. Don't start arguments and show some respect.

Sorry, double trouble. Thanks for sharing what you felt was something of interest. I apologize for making any negative comments. They weren't directed at you, sir.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Lord knows people don't need much reason to do weird stuff.
I have actually heard rumors of people using a fuel like this in place of nitromethane mixtures for sacrificial speed runs. I thought it was B.S. then, and I'm still skeptical now.
But regardless, the bikes are very cool whether they run once or not.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
In retrospect they aren't that much different from those motorcycles that use small and even big block Chevy engines. The first time I saw one of those I actually thought it was a joke....until the guy started it and rode away. Put me in my place, no doubt.

These multi-engined bikes are on about the same level. Hard to fathom but from what the builders says, probably functional, to a degree. They aren't for everyone but a study in engineering, for sure.

Tom

double trouble

Oct 10, 2011
Motor City
I had a guy I worked for who owned an old VW beetle with a big block chevy in the back seat. I never would have believed it until I saw it and had him drive it around his hobby farm. It was a running show car.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Ok sorry for putting the op down. That was wrong of me. I still don't believe a word the owner/builder says. I personally see these bikes as display pieces, nothing more. Just my two cents.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I never said I had anything against those bikes just to be clear about it, I just question big bikes ability to actually function and even if it did, the carbs and exhaust would not allowthe bike to go any faster than a single engine china girl bike, it doesnt have a small sprocket on the rear best I can tell and "if" it does actually run it would have all kinds of torque possibly.... but less rpm potential than a couple of the bikes I have that have been gps'd @ 45+mph, I have only stated the obvious from what can be seen in the pics as critique not hate.....

Nothing I have said in this thread was meant to be offensive and my apologies if I offended with my comments, people need to be aware that when things like this with claims attached are posted on the forum there will likely be several who will comment based on their knowledge based on what they can see, its all about keeping it real and curiousity and trying to filter out the fluff, It a fact that a multi engine bike can be built but those pics dont show me one that looks to be an actual runner, the small one looks legit but the big one just looks like a talking piece project, nothing about the engines in that pic says performance at all and that is the only point I have been making based on what I see.

Ill leave this alone now, it really doesn't matter to me either way, just commenting on what I can see and what I know those engines would have to be like for that bike to have any level of performance or speed and it just clearly ain't there.

Peace, Map
dnut

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Map , just call the man . The number is on the FP .
No offense intended dt, I appreciate you sharing the pix, very interesting piece of work for those who enjoy those type things, Im just not quick to take a fellas word on something that I can clearly see contradicts with what I see and that is the only point I was making.

Map
.wee.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I don't see how the 101mph is possible because with 7 motors linked together like that only the torque and not HP would be multiplied, I guess maybe anything's possible. Another thing to consider is that 7 engines would weigh a whole lot, and I don't see the advantage when you can get 50-80cc dirtbike engines ranging from 6-25 hp and make a single engine mount. I wouldn't necessarily call it an exercise in engineering, but rather nice fabrication skills coupled with a "more is better" mentality. In reality, less is more if you want to repeately go fast and bring it back in one piece.

50cc -> 120+ mph

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yet as the old saying goes, "The only subsitute for cubic inches, is more cubic inches"

Let's see, 7 times 66cc = 462cc. Wow! :)

Tom

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
All things considered, slaving all 7 cable drawn clutches to a single handle must require herculean strength! Unless they've been modded to use a hydralic clutch, which I failed to see. But that's WAY out there! Who cares if it runs? Just the concept alone is amazing enough to say 'Wow!'

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
2 dang cool! Thanks for posting, Double Trouble.

Amazingly well done and a really great marketing thing. We gotta chip in and get that guy a computer.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The aluminum additive to the fuel is not weird.........when you consider that it is the main ingredient in solid rocket propellant.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
How do you even get the chains to align with the back :s wouldn't you have 7 chains going to the sprocket?