Anyone ever used the Centrifugal Clutch Kit?

GoldenMotor.com

mostyn56

Sep 25, 2008
Forest of Dean (England)
I have been using one of these kits for a couple of months now (direct from China). It's worked fine so far. On take-off, it can be a bit jerky if you try to open the throttle slowly; if you throttle up quicker the clutch engages sooner & therefore smoother. I think it just needs to bed-in a bit because it's a little better now than when it was new. It's nice to be able to stop without worrying about pulling in the clutch as well as rear brake. Also, travel quite slowly without all the pedalling to get going again. The biggest thing I've noticed, is my engine runs a lot quieter & smoother!! I can only assume that the clutch is acting like a flywheel as it's quite heavy. As for the pullstart, I love it! I start it & let the engine warm up while I put my gear on; then it's ready for some right hand action!!

I'm not sure why you have to cut the 3 clutch pins flush for; it's probably due to them rubbing on the new clutch cover. I had extra gaskets supplied with mine, so I put a couple extra behind the cover to prevent that happening. I didn't have any instructions at all, which didn't help!!

Overall very pleased with it, if i get problems I'll post it ASAP.reddd

unraw

Oct 30, 2008
Grunthal, Manitoba, Canada
Sounds like this would be prefect for my bike as it doesn't have peddles. I didn't want to order them if they weren't good but if yours has been working good, that makes me more confident to buy one. Thanks for replying!.wee.

Edit: Heres a pic of my bike.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Mostyn56... "The biggest thing I've noticed, is my engine runs a lot quieter & smoother!! I can only assume that the clutch is acting like a flywheel as it's quite heavy."

That alone may be worth thinking about!

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I don't think it would take power away. If anything the extra weight would keep things spinning because that is what a flywheel does, it helps smooth things out and gets a momentum going.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I think so. Or if your motor is mounted up high enough to clear the cranks (like mine, I could totally fit a pull start on there without wide cranks)

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
That would seem to be easy to fix but it's your bike. Can you tell me about the muffler work you did? I'd like to do the same.

unraw

Oct 30, 2008
I did the muffler with 3/4 inch copper pipe. I secured the connections by screwing screws through the couplers into the pipe. The end piece or tip I found in the garbage at work once and I figured it would be the perfect exhaust tip. I filled it with steel wool for back pressure.

As for not having peddles on it, Its geared so that I can start off with the manual clutch no problem.

4wdingman

Aug 26, 2008
Coffs Harbour, Australia
i would love a Centrifugal Clutch on my bike when i go into the bush on dirtbike tracks cauce i always have to have one hand on the clutch and the thottle,if i did have a Centrifugal Clutch on my bike i would not have to clutch to stop the motor from stalling.
Can you stall a Centrifugal Clutch? like if you where taking of slow and you floored it??

Thanks

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Also, for the pull starts, i heard that the ropes always rip on them. do they work good after you replace the rope?
The problem with the pull start is the plastic piece that guides the rope through. It pops off and shreds the rope. What I did was I took a rope guide off a weed whacker and used that and never had a problem again. I probably put 3 different ropes in that thing before I solved that problem!

Also, you want to be careful when popping the plastic turnie thing out of it's place because of that spring. I got real good at learning how to wind that thing and eventually replaced that too with a weed whacker one.

Hope this helps.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
4WDINGMAN, You could throw your clutch lever away if you had a cen. clutch and no, you don't have to worry about it stalling out.

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Does the conversion kit to the autoclutch come with instructions? Can anybody please post pictures of what it looks like installed on the right hand side of the engine?
Thanks!

unraw

Oct 30, 2008
The problem with the pull start is the plastic piece that guides the rope through. It pops off and shreds the rope. What I did was I took a rope guide off a weed whacker and used that and never had a problem again. I probably put 3 different ropes in that thing before I solved that problem!

Also, you want to be careful when popping the plastic turnie thing out of it's place because of that spring. I got real good at learning how to wind that thing and eventually replaced that too with a weed whacker one.

Hope this helps.
yup that helps. I've had to wind a pull start before and its not fun but it would probably be worth it..rd.
( I'm loving your MB smilies by the way)