California.....

GoldenMotor.com

Ferenczy36

Nov 21, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Same boat. Will most likely be ordering a kit soon from Venice. I'm in such a love/hate relationship with California at the moment its unhealthy. I love the weather and geography, but cannot stand some of the restrictions and regulations imposed on us compared to the rest of the country.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Same boat. Will most likely be ordering a kit soon from Venice. I'm in such a love/hate relationship with California at the moment its unhealthy. I love the weather and geography, but cannot stand some of the restrictions and regulations imposed on us compared to the rest of the country.
You know what they "say", right? If ya don't, don't ask ;)

Sorry, was born here.....one of the very few these daze :D

bulljo

Jan 5, 2013
orange county
One way to get a kit is buy the engine separate on ebay then get a motorized bike acessory kit which is everything else you need which is also on ebay. The cost comes out to about 170. I live in oc and this is what i did a couple times.

low voltage

Aug 30, 2013
Auburn Ca.
Does this mean we don't hafta' use 4 stroke only in Calif? I'm also "one of the few" left out here (LA hot-rodder) Culver city. Presently in Auburn Ca. Sierra foothill country.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That's right, even your 99 CC 4 stroke HF is illegal in CA.
But is it REALLY?, really illegal? Howabout my 212cc 4-stroke HF? Is everything illegal in CA? Is it time to move to a greater, less crowded state?

Nobody hassels me for riding my bikes legally or not where I live, but I do ride responsibly most of the time ;)

.wee.

oh did I forget to mention that I ride motorized bikes everyday around here?

Last edited: