My Tracks

GoldenMotor.com

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I mentioned in another thread an app that I have on my mobile device called My Tracks and this is what it does using GPS and Google Maps + Google Docs. Pretty neat I guess and if I happen to loose my keys or whatever while I'm riding I know where to look...lol

My Map

If you click on the end flag while on the map page you'll see some data that pertains to the ride such as distance, speeds and so on. I tried linking to the Google documents spreadsheet created by this application but it doesn't seem to link correctly. The spreadsheet contains pretty much the same info seen when you click the end flag but having the spread sheet allows me to accumulate data for comparison purposes over time.

Cheers...

Last edited:

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I use My Tracks by Google too. Today was the first time but its nearly dead accurate. I don't agree totally with the minimum elevation, and it showed i was riding in the opposing traffics lane, and going right thru a corner where there was grass and a few palm trees instead of where i actually went to the corner where the light was 5ft further on down. Its a great app! I took the local transportation Trolley which i take to work too. Below is my route. I went from my house to the marina.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av68yk34pLpsdFpEeGlaR2xrN0NPRWo1dFQ3UVNfUEE&hl=en&authkey=CP_9k6IJ
Below is the map of the route
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=213066219306593720665.0004a3143d7db091b1513&t=h&z=13

Last edited:

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
I use this app as well, it is perfect for us. We now have proof for when we post the new top speed. And i also use it to help with calibrating of my bike computer. I have about 4 rides mapped so far.

James you are correct about the elevation, but i think that is because the GPS Sepcification does not use sea level as the 0 mark.

To get the google doc part working with this, sometimes you have to submit it twice, it will make the necessary documents.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Yeah. Sometimes it acts weird. Once i enable the GPS on my phone, the location is right on mostly. On a few main roads, it shows me on the opposing traffic lane, or entirely off the road a good 10-15ft, but that ok. Im sure they'll eventually get the bugs figured out.