Hi from the land of OZ

GoldenMotor.com

schulze 123

Oct 1, 2010
Australia
Hi Troops,
Just a quick note to say hello. I recently motorized my bike with a kit from Rock Solid here in Australia and having a great time doing small mods to increase the bottom end power to tackle some of the larger hills I encounter on my daily commute to work and back. Best mod was to put a 1/2 wave tuned pipe off a 60cc model aircraft motor, this increased the torque and general smoothness of the motor no end and it's quiet.

Cheers BJ

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi and welcome to our motorized bicycle site. man that is one heck of a exaust. looks awesome. glad to have you with us
paul

schulze 123

Oct 1, 2010
Australia
welcome and by the way any info on the exaust
Hi Troops,
Thank you for the welcome. Today I tried another pipe on the bike with even better results although it looks more like i've fitted a baseball bat to it but the increase in torque is well worth it. the pipe was designed for a ZDZ 60cc model aircraft engine and the header section was obtained from another supplier called DL Engines. The header was cut up and reconfigured to the current shape the TIG welded back together by a friend of mine (thanks Greg).
There are many manufactures of these alloy 'Tuned Quiet' pipes that can be found on the web MAC'S and MTW are examples, the pipes I have are of unknown origin as they were obtained from a sidewalk sale.

Cheers BJ

Attachments