Too Pooped to pedal no mo!I

GoldenMotor.com

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
There was a period of difficulty, poor starting, bad clutch drag , making it difficult to pedal, I shelved the bike for ten days or so in disgust. Lost electrical connection issues were easily solved. Clutch issues "doctored with by pulling clutch lever all the way in because the spring-button-clutch-index-thingy fails to free the clutch.

BUT! I can tell you when the STINGRAY motor is broke in!

When the EPA-displacement sticker curls and peels off, you is broke in!

The motor no longer requires any CHOKE to start.

No free-wheel kickstand needed, but my big BUTT still needs an extra big saddle

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS THERE? I have only one site whose description offers no measurements

YODAR

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Pedal more and need less of a seat ?
Have to admit it kinda buggs me I bought my bike to get into shape , and here on the bike paths where i cant run the motor , i will be sweating like a pig , with all the drag from the second chain , the weight of the motor , and some prick on a 3.2 pound road bike will look at me and say "thats cheating ", heh its not like the motor is running!

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Lol Muddy. If you're guys clutch isn't releasing enough(making harder to pedal), adjust your clutch freeplay tighter. Go for a ride with a pair of Needle-Nose, or a Vice-Grip. Crank it in until the clutch starts to run free enough when it is in the locked position. If your clutch starts to 'slip' when engaged then back it off a little bit until it bites good. Just remember the clutch pucks will wear down over time, so it does need periodical adjustment.

Also, get some good Lithium and/or Synthetic Grease, get an old glove(or a few pieces of saran wrap) and super-lube your chains up, it really helps. Though you might want to keep a rag handy to clean up the 'overspray' if you put on too much.

Oh, and like BikeGuyJoe said, exercise bike seats would work great. They are built for fatarse's so they should be plenty wide enough. :D

gl.