this is seeming to be the worst idea i've ever had

GoldenMotor.com

amyvomit

Sep 25, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
hi,

my name is amy and i'm in milwaukee, wi. I've been putting this 80 (66)cc motor together for like 5 hours already and i'm stuck. i thought i had enough know how to do this, looks like i dont. if anyone reading this feels like throwing in some advice about attaching the clutch cable and throttle cables i'd love to hear it. you can also message me on aim: amyvomit

thanks
amy

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Amy,
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of talent here to assist you in whatever way you need. What specifically is the problem with your clutch and throttle cable install? Was the throttle cable attached to the carburetor when you got the motor kit? Some come preassembled, some don't. We need to know this to offer advice. As for the clutch cable here are some hints:
Route the cable so there are no sharp bends or kinks. It can be helpful to lubricate the inner cable prior to installing it. Some clutches can be stiff or hard to pull and the lubrication helps in that respect. When attaching the end of the cable to the clutch actuator arm on the engine you need to have little to no slack in the cable when the clutch handlebar lever is out, not squeezed. Some clutches are stuck from the factory and will not easily disengage. It takes a pretty firm hand to move the clutch actuator arm but you need to be able to move it inward toward the engine about an inch with the cable/clutch lever. I don't know if this helps but you can post further questions in the 'Trouble Shooting' section where it will get a lot of attention I assure you.
Tom

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
welcome to the forum amy, i live in waukesha, if you really get stuck i can help you with your bike. i rebuilt my friends china kit bike about a year ago. i work for beer..lol

amyvomit

Sep 25, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
thanks everyone for responding so quickly. i will definitely be looking in that thread for more help. i think i've gotten the clutch cable figured out. the throttle cable did not come attached to the carburetor. there is a orange striped cable and a green cable with a circle on the end. from what i'm gathering i need to put the green cable around the blue blue cables?? then i'm guessing the orange striped one goes on the white? any additional help would be appreciated. i can take some pictures if it will help.

right now i'm on my way to a bike shop to have my chain shortened. i love how the internet says "just pop out the pin with a punch" yea...it's not that easy.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
By listing the "color" of the cables, I think you are refering to the wireing. There are multiple threads on this forum that lists the correct set up for the wireing on these engines. Don't get frustrated. You've come to the right place for the answers. If after a search, you don't find a thread with the answers you need just post your question on the correct forum and I'm sure someone will have your answer in no time.
Stick with it. It's worth the effort!dance1

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum Amy. It took 4 weekends instead of 4 hours to assemble my motorbike. You will enjoy your motorbike a great deal once assembled. If you keep the chain, sprocket and motor mounts tight, it will get you there. It's not a Toyota, but will keep running with some regular attention.

T0lly

Aug 11, 2009
Sapulpa, OK
there is a orange striped cable and a green cable with a circle on the end. from what i'm gathering i need to put the green cable around the blue blue cables?? then i'm guessing the orange striped one goes on the white? any additional help would be appreciated. i can take some pictures if it will help.

right now i'm on my way to a bike shop to have my chain shortened. i love how the internet says "just pop out the pin with a punch" yea...it's not that easy.
Those are wires not cables.
The green one is ground, it goes to a metal (not painted) bolt on the frame. I used a self tapping screw and attached to the bottom tube.
The Orange striped goes to the kill switch. The white wire I think.
Blue and Black goto the coil.

You need a chain breaker tool. I saw one at wal-mart last night for $5

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Walmart's chain breaker breaks - but not the chain lol, save yer $5 and grind the pin's head down and drive it out with a hammer & nail.

Or get a real chain breaker from a motorcycle shop/have them do it ;)

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Some chain press tools are either too big or too small for your chain.When you buy a chain press,make sure it will handle your size chain.Outer throttle cable is called "cable housing", and inner cable is called "cable"

robonyx

Sep 22, 2009
md.
Greetings all, finished my first build, pulled a lot of hair out trying to make out instrutions.
Got my silver jet 80 cc running.
I was pretty impressed with its prefomence.
The next day it wouldn't fier up.
I noticed oil leaking from head.
So I carfully with a tork rench snuged the bults down only to find one stripped.
Not the bolt but the block.So I called the dealer an expland my situation.
I had to pay to ship it back, bummer.Company will inspect and will replace I hope!!!
Anyone have any input on these matters.
Thanks Rob O in MD.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If this were any other forum I would accuse you guys of being sexist but anybody I ever saw come here got the same amount of help....

Amy if you have any questions that don't get answered or you don't understand the answer just message NORMAN not me for the right answer lol.