Which? internal combustion or electric?

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Ok got to get started on a new ride... Question is ,,, internal combustion or electric??? Sort of want an electric but want a four stroke ride also. Give me a booster shot. . Want to "J" shaft both . gphill

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
There are a few situations where the e-bike clearly is better, in my opinion.
-If you do not have a garage or carport, the e-bike can be stored in doors. (charge lithium batteries outside, though).
-If your route requires that you ride sidewalks and multi-use paths, you can ride the e-bike at normal bicycle speeds under electric power. Somebody will likely call the police if you do that with a gas bike. (The roads in my area have high speed limits, so I don't feel safe riding an assisted bike on them.
-For most other situations, I would ride a gas bike and enjoy the lower cost.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Electric is better all around. You will spend a lot more time riding and less time fixing. The question is how much are you willing to spend,.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
It really depends on one's expectations and situation. Gas is cheaper but there is more maintenance involved. Electric is smoother but limited range. Gas gives you the glorious two stroke sound but electric is cleaner. etc. etc.

The point of comparing apples to peanuts is that you have to make the decision based on your needs and mechanical abilities etc.

Either way you are going to have fun, so good luck and ride safe

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Electric is better all around. You will spend a lot more time riding and less time fixing. The question is how much are you willing to spend,.
Not true.... Try Turing on a e bike. Or just climbing a steep hill .
The ebike will run out of charge before the gas bike is warmed up......
I have both . The E bike is great if I'm running to the store or riding on the board walk. But If I'm going anywhere long it hangs on the wall....