Stolen in memphis tn

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This poor guy only got this bike a few days ago and some scumbag has stolen it already.
Stolen while LOCKED, possibly by persons in a green van from his carport on Perkins Av in Memphis TN.

He got to ride it twice.
He is on a fixed income and had wanted this bike for a long while. He cannot replace it.
(nor can I)
Please contact me if you see this bike for sale or being ridden.
It an older 49cc on a older Huffy Stalker steel frame.
The stock pipe has a regular muffler welded on where it ends in the pics.
Also has same NT carb as 66cc kits. NOT standard 49cc square air cleaner version.

Tom Allen

Aug 20, 2013
Chicago
Your best bet if you can't put it in a locked garage is--bring it into the kitchen. Dump the gas out if you need to, but bring it in the house. It may look like ****, but that is better than feeling like **** when you find some jerk has made off with it while you were in bed snoring.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This stolen bike is being replaced by a wonderful stranger who called me and DONATED a bike to get the guy back on the road!
It's not perfect and need some parts, but it was a wonderful gesture!
Need tires, tubes and a tensioner to get it going again.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Glad to hear he's being helped. Here in Oak Ridge we have about as many cops as we have residents. The crime rate is very low here. Not long ago a legally blind man got his tadpole recumbent stolen while in a book store. My bike is probably the most recognizable bike in my town. Still I store it in my house. I always lock it up with my keyed U and cable locks any time it has to be left unattended.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Re: Stolen in memphis tn UPDATE!

Well I finally got the theft replacement bike finished today.
It turned out great with the newer alloy rims and BMX bars.
When I presented it to Chuck, he was very moved.

Did my heart good to see this since he was so clearly heartbroken when HIS bike was stolen. Having a total stranger from Craigslist (of all places!) step up and replace his loss was the coolest human act I've seen in quite a while.
To the donor (should you be lurking): Good job sir! I salute you.

PS. I had a call with some information about the possible location of the original stolen bike today as well. Still a chance it could be recovered.
If I DO recover the original 49cc bike...
I'm keeping it. Sorry guys.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Well done Sir. A kind and generous act on your and the donors part. He has a million dollar smile and I hope that the bike's donor sees it. Now if they can get the original bike back and catch the rat that stole it the story will have gone full circle.

Steve.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I realize that this is an older thread, but I have to say that that was a fine thing. Being solidly convinced that most people suck, it really does me good to see some good.

Outstanding!

dance1

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It made me feel pretty good to see his face when he got the replacement.
I need all the good karma I can drum up after the life I've led.
I'm no angel.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
...most people suck... That included me. You do what you can, then that hindsight thing comes knockin'.
I've always tried to recognize it for what it was- tighten up- and continue to march. We'll see how that works out over time.
It was a cool thing to get yourself involved in partner. And as just some guy, I thank you for it.

As far as kickin your dog and all the rest of it, I recommend helping one little old lady across the street per month. :eek:rotfl

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
It made me feel pretty good to see his face when he got the replacement.
I need all the good karma I can drum up after the life I've led.
I'm no angel.
Now that I think about it more, this applies to me as well. I doubt if I've ever thought of it in those terms, though.

It's not that I am, or have ever been, an outlaw or particularly mean or destructive. But I've been so lazy, irresponsible and simply foolish that I also have a karmic debt to pay.

A lot of the folks around me see me as being cheerful, generous and pretty forgiving. What they might or might not realize is that this isn't necessarily my 'default' personality. It's making up for past sins. Mostly those of omission. But not quite all.

I don't consciously think about this all that often. But Maniac's way of putting it struck a chord.

Concise. Well said.