Chevy Orange Sears "Free Spirit"

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
holy cow silver , were did ya find that , even the rubber on the tires is rusty .
Well it wasn't easy. If you like rust and I do, it takes a lot of effort to find that much all in one plafce. I've been on the lookout for a Worksman I could afford for a long time and this one came up on eBay. A grand $68.00 and another 40 to ship it. It was missing most everything other than the frame and front fork, so I am going to redo it on a poor man's budget. I had parts from a 1940 Elgin, so will use the fenders, seat, etc. from that to finish it out. The Elgin has even more surface rust than the Worksman, so I have my work cut out for me. In the photo I just had things sitting in place so that I could get an idea of how it will look (without the rust). The frame is about half way stripped and I am hoping for clear weather tomorrow so I can get it primed. Then the other parts as I can before winter arrives. It is to be in the 20's tonight and I really am not ready for this. Whereabouts are you in Ontario? I'm a little west and south of Thunder Bay,Ontario, just inside the northeastern border of Minnesota.
Silverbear

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i,m just to the right of ya a bit over the lake in kitchener , smack dab in the middle of southern ontario . if ya look on google earth i,m the one with the "taz" car mats and big oil stain on the driveway . looks like some nice riding roads up your way , lotsa trees . it was hot as heck here for a few day last week , but the cold stuff is rollin in now , everybody is coughin and sneezin all over the place . better hurry and get that thing primed before it starts to snow . oops the 4 letter "s" word . i was thinking of grabbing some snow ski,s from the salvation army store and making a ski setup for my front forks . gotta figure a way to keep the motor dry first , but i think it would be pretty fun to try

sac '68 sport

Sep 13, 2009
Sacramento
That tank is perfect. I've been looking all over for one like it for my stretch. Only ones I can find similar to it are Harley oil tanks. $$$ and a bit too big to fit.

OrangeBrian

Jun 30, 2009
hawaii
dude i envy you!! thats one sick ass bike!!! XD I love orange!! Quotes my name. Man I wana make a bike like yours some day!!!

Also how did you paint the head like that thats cool

PutsTheDUIinRUINED

Oct 17, 2009
'zona
I agree with Brian about the head. That was the first thing I noticed...totally sweet. Secondly, I noticed the NOS, tipping my hat to you for it not only being bad ass, but it also compliments the bike's orange theme.

I didn't know you could even NOS these little things (shows what I know), but how is that working out? Does it really boost?