Hub motor wows

GoldenMotor.com

Etriker

Jan 12, 2009
Lakewood Ohio
Does anyone know where to get one of those Wilderness hub motors worked on. I bought one some time back and it started binding up on me, couldn’t get out of it’s own way, and ate up the batteries trying to run. I tried talking to the people at Wilderness Energy, but they don’t repair the motors they just sell them, they have no idea who to go to for repair. I went to friction drive, but in anything other than dry pavement friction is not very efficient.
Any help in this situation would be appreciated.

Etriker.trk

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Some of the hub motors I've encountered were imported by Sun Motors based in Los Angeles.
Spooky's site had some links, I thought, to some of the diagnostics for hub motors.
I might be mistaken about that though, it's possible to find in the interwebz, I've found it before by accident. Maybe, start with Sun Motors, that might be where I found the links.? :D

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Maybe a local shop that specializes in repairing auto alternators and starters? I used to work for a parts shop that provided this service and used to watch the tech rebuild those things. Rewinding motors, changing out the bearings, etc. Just a though. ;)