anyone try this expansion pipe software?

GoldenMotor.com

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I've just got my reed valved motor set up with the KTM 50 pipe, It's a budget pipe at $80 including muffler, It took a bit of cutting and welding to make it fit, but I think it looks good and it rocks, power band hits at 6000 and pushes to 10 000. The motor feels like it will keep going past 10 000. The pipe I made came in a little earlier, but wouldn't let the motor rev out like this does.
Defiantly worth the effort, it sounds great too, just like a little dirt bike.
I'm running fairly low gearing with a 44t on a 24" wheel, but if I pull back on the bars as she hits powerband, the front wheel comes up.

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
sounds like a good set up theon. im kind of looking for a bit low/mid grunt. i have a 29" tire and currently stock gearing for a skyhawk 66 (44tooth?) and will do about 30. i was hoping to maybe get a tad higher gearing and a bit more power so i can run the engine at lower rpms in hopes of saving the little thing haha.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Reeds are a big improvement to low to mid, As can be a bit more compression. Reeds with a pipe can give you back the top end as long as the reeds are big enough.
My pipe on the Goat was loosely based on the Jaguar Torque pipe and works really well at giving a boost to the low and mid.
Keeping your blow down time to a minimum if your doing any port work as well as keeping the cut on the inlet skirt to 120 deg also helps low to mid.

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
good info. im really considering making my own exhaust now after doing some homework online. that hardest part is im trying to use my bike as a commuter currently and also money is kind of tight. but atleast after making measurments and what not, a lot of the work can be done off bike and can still use it.