CNS problems...unknown issues...help

GoldenMotor.com

huffypower

Jan 26, 2014
carrollton, Mo
Bike had been running great, always starts on first pop. Always just gave it throttle and poped the clutch and i was off. Never even had to use choke. Was cruising on it the other day and it just died at 20mph. Couldn't get it restarted. Messed with it for a good bit And found if i petal like crazy with no throttle it will try to start and very slowly roll on throttle to keep it running but very poorly having to help petaling up even slight hills. Figured maybe plugged. Took carb apart and cleaned it all. Reinstalled with new gas, filter and even sandblasted sparkplug even though wasnt that bad. Still ran very rough and extreamly sluggish but gradually became better. Here and there when i pulled the clutch it would roar to wot even though throttle plunger was at idle position looking at it with air filter off. At one point it went to wot then slowed down, at that moment i seen fuel flowing thru my clear fuel line like the bowl had been empty but then filling.

Took it apart again and cleaned it and all the problems are still intermittant every once in awhile but still dont have the power i used too. It has always sputtered some starting out from petaling until it grabbed the powerband and took off but now way worse.

The only thing i didnt remove when cleaning was the float and float level needle. Perhaps is that the root of all my problems being partilly plugged?.

Dont mind the CNS when running properly but a pain in the a## when not. Brass plug removed for adjustment. Thinking about replacing with a NT but have heard gripes of them not accerating as fast and would defeat the "being able to fix anything on it" factor. Lol

Input please. Thanx:-||

huffypower

Jan 26, 2014
carrollton, Mo
If I do get a NT are the throttle/mixture fittings a direct swap? What do I need to do to switch over and are the inlet ports a universal same size as the kit CNS?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Sounds to me like you MAY have an air leak somewhere...
Racing idle and poor running can be a sign of leaks.
Check your crank seals and intake gaskets.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
If I do get a NT are the throttle/mixture fittings a direct swap? What do I need to do to switch over and are the inlet ports a universal same size as the kit CNS?
The NT can use your existing throttle-cable. You can get rid of the enrichment-cable. The NT is smaller, and will fit well on the CNS's existing intake. I recommend you pick up a rubber O-ring to insert into the NT where it meets the intake. Dunno the size off-hand...they're like 25-cents. No mixture-changes, but you should do a plug-check to get the right needle-adjustment. The CNS jet will NOT fit the NT.