bicycledesigner.com sprocket adapter?

GoldenMotor.com

boxkite

Mar 3, 2014
Fillmore Indiana
I seen that bicycledesigner.com has a clamshell sprocket adapter for $39. ( with out sprocket ). I did a custom search on sprocket adapters, but I didn't find anything on this particular sprocket adapter.
Does anyone know anything about this product? Has anybody used it? I have a coaster brake hub. If I use this adapter would I have to get a new sprocket? It says to use a (9 hole) CNC motorized sprocket. I plan on using a 2 stroke engine kit from bikeberry. Seems like all their engine kits come with a 9 hole sprocket. Would the sprocket from the engine kit work with this adapter? Would I have brake arm clearance problems if I use this product?
Thank you all for your future help.

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not familiar with that adapter but the most important thing you'll need to know is the exact inside diameter of the bore and the outside diameter of your hub. Coaster brake arms can be 'Z' bent for clearance. That isn't the issue. Fit to the hub is.

I'm unclear about the sprocket. CNC means it is a machined part. Do they not offer a matching sprocket? A stock kit sprocket might not work.

Tom

boxkite

Mar 3, 2014
Fillmore Indiana
They do offer CNC sprockets for it. A 44t is $19. for a total of $58. (adapter & sprocket) plus S&H. I just wasn't for sure if I needed one. I have a histop CB hub. It says it will fit that hub.
Just trying to see if anyone knows anything about this adapter. Or if I'd be better off just spending another $30. or so and going with a Sportman or Manic Mechanic adapter & sprocket.