Want more fun? Try an electric turbo kit.

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I stumbled across this while looking for something else on Alibaba.

Let me say that I have never tried one of these so I know nothing about the kit, but at $66.00 US and free shipping I'm almost tempted to find out :D
Total waste of $66 because you will get no performance increase.

The idea that a puny electric fan can increase performance is laughable.

This junk product has been discussed here before.

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
the volume of air moving through and engine is alot more than that could ever increase...save your money

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
they are made for cars also along with a bunch of other junk profamce mods that dont work just remember anytime something seems to good to be true most if not all the time it is.

but the funnest thing about things like that there is allways some dumbass out there that will swear it helped and helped a lot lol

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm a gonna strap on my Echo backpack blower and attach it to my carb with a shop vac hose........I project at least 25 horsepower. Man --- that's gotta be a bunch of KW's!!

:D :D

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Roadkill did that to a 78 Monza and actually did get a benefit. But they also had 5 top of the line Husqvarna backpack blowers tied into a 5 in intake tube into the car's throttle body. lol

When is somebody gonna make a belt driven blower for these engines? :D

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm sorry. But I refuse to believe it.

No one, and I mean no one, would market something as simple-minded as that. And no one would buy it.

You know what I think? Intrepid WheelWoman is hoaxing us. I've noticed that she has a subtle sense of humor..............

But....more seriously. I actually do believe it. And the marketer, if lacking in ethics, is at least smarter than his customers.

But I'm still flabbergasted.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
I still laugh at these kits, but there will be a time when the motor fan and battery can weigh less, spin faster and longer with closer tolerances and will produce boost in an application like this.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I still laugh at these kits, but there will be a time when the motor fan and battery can weigh less, spin faster and longer with closer tolerances and will produce boost in an application like this.
If you have a solid understanding of science you would understand that this will not happen.
There are no free lunches and you don't get more out than you put in.

A Turbo works because it is using basically free energy from the exhaust output which is normally wasted. Turbos have their own costs and problems though especially on small cheap motors.

Gasoline powered motors are very inefficient.
Ultra milers will go to the extreme of removing their alternator's and using a total loss battery to squeeze a few more MPG out of their motors.
There is a cost to every added drain on a motor like generating electricity to run a boost fan.