what is the best carby to use?

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Gotcha.

Looking at carbs now, the NT is good for low end as it's a smaller throttle opening. My low end is pretty good with my CNS, which is kinda big compared to the NT. And the RT is about the same size as the CNS right? So no harm, no foul in going with a big bore carb, right?

I can get a NT with cable for $17.99 from rose326a on ebay, and the Dax RT is $29.99 and doesn't have a cable.

if you have a cns v3 right now and know how to tune it, keep it !!! lol its a pretty darn good carb !!!
but if your having problems like so many do ....i would shell the cash out for the rt. you will not be disapionted in the ease of tunning or the quality of fuel atomization pluss its an upgrade from the nt and on par with a well tunned cns

there are those on here that can tune a cns in a few hrs to a T, like me lol so i would sell it after you buy the rt and recoup some of your cash.

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
if you have a cns v3 right now and know how to tune it, keep it !!! lol its a pretty darn good carb !!!
but if your having problems like so many do ....i would shell the cash out for the rt. you will not be disapionted in the ease of tunning or the quality of fuel atomization pluss its an upgrade from the nt and on par with a well tunned cns

there are those on here that can tune a cns in a few hrs to a T, like me lol so i would sell it after you buy the rt and recoup some of your cash.
My CNS is a V2 and is broken, that's why I'm looking at replacing it. lol

It's currently tuned pretty good, I think it needs a slightly smaller jet or a bigger air filter or something. lol

I think you've got me sold on the RT. Thanks man! :)

brnot

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Alright. That seals it.

If I need to re-jet I can just get the deltorro jets, right?
I think jnmotors has jets and so does treatland.tv, dax has the jets but they are in incriments of 5, this is proba ly fine for most tunes because no matter how well the tune os weather and temp change always changes tune a bit, but for a very fine tune being able to move jetting up pr down in 2's rather than 5's is better.

I ordered a set of jets for mine but honestly cant remember who I ordered them from......lol!
Map reddd

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I think jnmotors has jets and so does treatland.tv, dax has the jets but they are in incriments of 5, this is proba ly fine for most tunes because no matter how well the tune os weather and temp change always changes tune a bit, but for a very fine tune being able to move jetting up pr down in 2's rather than 5's is better.

I ordered a set of jets for mine but honestly cant remember who I ordered them from......lol!
Map reddd
Got it. I will get it figured out.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
rt (or sha) is a good carb - i also love my 21mm dellorto phbg. and who doesnt love the cute little nt carb for a stock build or just for any build really. ;) -Ethan

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
rt (or sha) is a good carb - i also love my 21mm dellorto phbg. and who doesnt love the cute little nt carb for a stock build or just for any build really. ;) -Ethan
Yep the little NT is really under rated I think, it aint fancy and it is small and simple, I've had my Kulana bike cruising at 45 MPH running an NT carb, so that proves that for most builds the NT is plenty of carb as far as what it will deliver for speed, now the RT is a very responsive carb and a tad larger so the power potential with it will increase just a little because of the better flow through it.

I'm currently swapping out my NT for the RT on my Kulana bike, the new expansion pipe I just put on it makes it pull like a mad man form about 17mph to top speed which has dropped from 45mph down to a GPS'd 39mph, the hole in the silencer is a bit small I think so I will drill it out or remove it all together and see if I get my top speed back, top speed was great with a straight pipe exhaust but mid was lacking and it was crazy freaking loud..... if I can get back to 40-42mph cruise speed I'll be happy as long as I can do it and keep the nice mid range power this pipe is giving me, even though the pipe is freaking huge.....!

Map
reddd

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Yep the little NT is really under rated I think, it aint fancy and it is small and simple, I've had my Kulana bike cruising at 45 MPH running an NT carb, so that proves that for most builds the NT is plenty of carb as far as what it will deliver for speed, now the RT is a very responsive carb and a tad larger so the power potential with it will increase just a little because of the better flow through it.

I'm currently swapping out my NT for the RT on my Kulana bike, the new expansion pipe I just put on it makes it pull like a mad man form about 17mph to top speed which has dropped from 45mph down to a GPS'd 39mph, the hole in the silencer is a bit small I think so I will drill it out or remove it all together and see if I get my top speed back, top speed was great with a straight pipe exhaust but mid was lacking and it was crazy freaking loud..... if I can get back to 40-42mph cruise speed I'll be happy as long as I can do it and keep the nice mid range power this pipe is giving me, even though the pipe is freaking huge.....!

Map
reddd
nice man - that huge dellorto carb of mine may not pull to a higher top speed, but the midrange is an insane! face melting acceleration. Same with the dellorto SHA - simply more responsive. sounds like a cool build - the biggest pipe ive ever run on a bike was this: https://www.treatland.tv/big-large-gigantor-gladiator-robuust-chamber-for-a-p/uncoated-chamber.htm its pretty ridiculously huge and is awesome for all around riding in the city like what I do. hits power band pretty hard XD

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
nice man - that huge dellorto carb of mine may not pull to a higher top speed, but the midrange is an insane! face melting acceleration. Same with the dellorto SHA - simply more responsive. sounds like a cool build - the biggest pipe ive ever run on a bike was this: https://www.treatland.tv/big-large-gigantor-gladiator-robuust-chamber-for-a-p/uncoated-chamber.htm its pretty ridiculously huge and is awesome for all around riding in the city like what I do. hits power band pretty hard XD
Thats an awesome looking pipe, the pipe I actually bought to put on this bike is this one https://www.treatland.tv/exhaust-chamber-p/chamber-black-28mm.htm it's still in the box and will likely end up on my Western Flyer build if I dont end up with a 4 stroke on it first, but I think I will go with one of my dax lowers with my 6.0cc Fred head and maybe this pipe, the jug will be ported real nice and i'll probably use one of Freds Cut pistons, this aint no small pipe either but it isn't as bulky as the pipe I have on the Kulana bike right now.

Map
.wee.