Marvin

GoldenMotor.com

Mavaik

Sep 9, 2013
Springfield, Oregon
Hello, everyone! I'm new here and figured I should show off my first (and very temperamental) first build, 'Marvin (3.0)'.

He's a 2011 Schwinn DelMar with a Raw 50cc motor kit.

Extras and upgrades:
-Throttle/brake lever combo kit
-Schwalbe Big Ben tires
-Rear dual basket
-Front brakes and rack
-dual kickstand
-Analogue speedometer
-Cheap-ass turn signal kit

Paint (Krylon): Ballet Slipper, Rich Plum, and Gloss White (primer)

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Nice job on the buzz can paint! Cool to see different color choices. My guess is you will get plenty of kudos and a few suggestions to beef up your fender hardware. Nice looking bike!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Different is good......different is great!! Welcome to the gang!!

You've sure got a BAC on that bike!!

(Big a$$ed chain)

Mavaik

Sep 9, 2013
Springfield, Oregon
Nice job on the buzz can paint! Cool to see different color choices. My guess is you will get plenty of kudos and a few suggestions to beef up your fender hardware. Nice looking bike!
Thanks! The paint job was a bit of a pain (I've learned that there's no such thing as even 'close to perfect' with spray paint), and not really the shade's I wanted (damn lack of variety), but I think it came out all right. My fenders are currently at the 'good enough' stage. |D

Different is good......different is great!! Welcome to the gang!!

You've sure got a BAC on that bike!!

(Big a$$ed chain)
I'll definitely look into it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow, cool coloring.

Please be sure to read up on the fender thing. It is a huge safety issue. Most especially the front. It will do you and your build great damage. When it lets go, the fender follows the wheel around and then jams. Stopping the front of the bike but not the rider or rear of the bike causing a faceplant. if at speed. Really, really hurts.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...6j8700796j6#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=fender&gsc.page=1

Sorry about the wet blanket thing.

Last edited:

Mavaik

Sep 9, 2013
Springfield, Oregon
Wow, cool coloring.

Please be sure to read up on the fender thing. It is a huge safety issue. Most especially the front. It will do you and your build great damage. When it lets go, the fender follows the wheel around and then jams. Stopping the front of the bike but not the rider or rear of the bike causing a faceplant. if at speed. Really, really hurts.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...6j8700796j6#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=fender&gsc.page=1

Sorry about the wet blanket thing.
YIKES! Okay, until I can get them reinforced, the fenders are coming off. Better to be muddy than mangled. ono

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Not far enough Dan.
I think every new member should have to read the fender thread, the chain tensioner thread, the rubber mounting thread, and the bike won't start thread before they can post.
:)